First Fill

merleygirl
on 3/19/07 8:24 am
Well I go for my first fill tomorrow and I am nervous if it will hurt and I am nervous about being able to eat again. I have only lost 14 lbs since I had my Lap Band on Feb 9th. I am really afraid of eating out of control again. I have not stuck with the puree thing as well as I should have. I am really praying that it is easier to control after I have a fill. Please tell me it will!!
lorisb
on 3/20/07 2:25 am - Vancouver, WA
Judy, go to the lap band forum for support about fills and such! There are many of us who hang out there. I occasionally check the state boards but not enough to offer a lot of support. Most people don't have problems with fills. My doc gives me a shot of lidocane before I get the big port needle. The lidocane burns but I only feel pressure from the port needle. Other docs (including Dr. Curry) sometimes just go for one poke and only do the port needle. Its not going that deep, usually, so if they have no problems getting it, you're not going to hurt. Sometimes they have to dig, though, so we've all had our own experiences. It also depends on how experienced the person giving you the fill is and whether or not you're getting it done under fluoroscopy. Lori
Angelplusthree
on 3/25/07 3:27 pm - Richland, WA
I was banded on the 12th of Feb and I too at at 14 pounds. So it sounds like we are doing pretty good together. I have my first fill this thursday. Let me know how yours goes. Angel
Most Active