Getting frustrated

kimmyanne
on 3/19/07 4:48 am - Vancouver, WA
I feel like I am hitting a brick wall, I just heard from my surgeons office today and they said my chart was still being reviewed, and they were waiting for all the reports to come back from everyone I had to see, and it would probably be 1 to 2 more weeks before they could get me in. I know I'm just excited, but does it normally take this long, I am so excited I want to go in now! And how long does it normally take after your surgeon consultation till surgery? Kim B.
corinnaq
on 3/19/07 4:57 pm - Woodinville, WA
Kimberly, It completely depends on how many pre op tests you had to do. Some clinics might take forever getting the information to your surgeon others might get it there the same day. Having worked in a dental office it would take some Drs that we referred patients to months to get information back to us...it would get ridiculous sometimes. It might make you feel like you're doing something to help things along if you call each place that you had pre op tests done at and see if they have sent the results to your surgeon yet, when they were sent and if they haven't been why not and when will they send them. For me it was several months between my initial consultation and my pre op appt with the surgeon because I was waiting for financial stuff. But once I had my actual pre op appt I had surgery two weeks later. So once everything is in and it's been determined you don't need any additional tests it should go pretty quickly. I know that's not a huge help. I know how was for me to be patient with the whole process. I was calling people constantly bugging them to get stuff done...in the nicest possible way of course Good luck! Corinna Q
lorisb
on 3/20/07 2:32 am - Vancouver, WA
Kim! Kim!!!! If you're this excited and ready to go, think about those ahead of you in line, lol! Breathe! Ok, you've got a few things working "against" you here. First, many more insurance companies are now covering WLS (including Medicare) but they need to be at Centers of Excellence. Legacy is one of only TWO in Oregon. That means a lot of people are running through their doors. It was busy when I was there when I had my surgery in 2005 its crazy busy now! Here's my timeline (and I would think you'd probably be expanding it just a bit): April 2005 -- contacted Legacy and was told I needed to attend seminar June 2005 -- attended the next available seminar end of July 2005 -- started the process with the surgeon, classes, testing, etc. August 2005 -- pre-op class Oct. 2005 -- had surgery So, where are you in this whole thing? I went from attending the seminar at the first part of June to having to wait almost two months to be seen. Then, after being seen initially, I had to wait about another month. Then I had to wait on the insurance company (that's the gap between August and October). You'll get there! Don't be too pushy, yet (you don't want that type of reputation following you through). I think that they are just so busy that they're trying to get through everyone. Also, as a Center of Excellence, they've affirmed to uphold standards that other clinics may not adhere to (I'm not saying they don't just that they aren't recognized for it). It'll happen! I promise! Lori
Most Active