Something I thought I would never do!

Jazwog
on 3/18/07 4:30 am - Medical Lake, WA
I have always wanted to go snowboarding/skiing and I promised myself when ever lost enough weight I was going to do it. Well my opportunity came Thursday when I had some co-workers saying they had never been and they wanted to go snowboarding so I said I had always wanted to go, they said I would break a hip!! They were playing they give me a hard time about being one of the oldest that work here, they were worried that would get hurt but they helped me along the way and it was awesome!!! I only went down one time because it took me 3 hours to learn how to do it and then actually snowboarding down, I had lost all my upper strength all though I have been working out with weights me upper strength still sucks and I lost all of it while snowboarding so I didn't over do it I tried to do the best I could. I didn't want to get hurt and I knew I was at my limit and they all understood!! I had the best time of my life even though I have tons of bruises and I ache all over my body it was well worth it to see myself trying to do something without worrying if someone is looking to see the fat person fall on her butt!! Also I actually got hit on by some guy and the girls stopped him!!! lol I had a great time!!!! So if there is something you have always wanted to do and still haven't done because of your weight don't freight just go do it and have a blast!!! My next experience is I want to go Kayaking this summer!!!
lorisb
on 3/18/07 9:35 am - Vancouver, WA
How great for you to do something you've always wanted to do! I can't wait! Keep it up and enjoy your kayaking trip! Lori
corinnaq
on 3/18/07 5:21 pm - Woodinville, WA
Michelle, That's so great! Isn't it wonderful to experience all these things we could never do before. CorinnaQ
Geminidream
on 3/21/07 12:12 pm - Spokane, WA
Yeah, Michelle!!! You rock! Thank you for sharing this great story and the encouragement to get out there and try something we've always wanted to do. You have just helped me make up my mind that I am going to try to golf this summer. My daughter has been learning and loves it and I've always wanted to try. You will have fun kayaking, my SIL does it all the time when the weather is nicer and she loves it. You must be the coolest gramma on the planet! Molly
Jazwog
on 3/22/07 4:29 am - Medical Lake, WA
Thanks!! I am not getting any younger so I want to get out there and do all the things that I have always wanted to do but was too afraid because I was "fat" or thought someone was watching me when they probably wasn't even paying any attention to me!!
Most Active