Nervous

kimmyanne
on 3/15/07 2:19 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi everyone, Just looking for some words of encouragement, I havent even got my surgery date yet and shaken in my boots. I have finished all my pre-op evaluations, now just waiting for them to set me up with my appointment with my surgeon. I live in Vancouver washington, if there is anyone in this area, that could be a support person that would be great! I know I'm doing the write thing, I just need some words of encouragement. Thanks
PinkFlamingoes
on 3/15/07 11:18 am - Buckley, WA
I'm not from Vancouver , but Just wanted to tell you that it's normal to be nervous . Do you know where you will be going , for a surgeon ? If so , then you can see if that doctor has a listing here & a message board . Then , you can contact patients that have that same doctor . Take it easy . Kathy
kimmyanne
on 3/16/07 8:55 am - Vancouver, WA
Thankyou Kathy for your words of encouragment, it helps alot. My surgeon is Dennis Hong at Good Samaratian in Portland. I am very much looking forward to this new journey. What really gets me feeling better is seeing all the success stories, its just great. I will keep you posted, now I'm just waiting to have my consultation with the surgeon, I have finished everything else. I talked to them today, and I'm waiting for a call back from the gal that does all the scheduling. Im so excited about this that they are going to have to keep me from running through the operating room doors. HA HA . Anyway Thanks again. Kim B.
Tahoeduck
on 3/15/07 2:48 pm - Kent, WA
Hi Kimberly - I don't live too close to you but wanted you to know you're feeling pretty normal, just like all the rest of us. Who is your surgeon and which procedure are you having ? Just try to relax and enjoy the journey; you have made a life-altering decision and will do just great. Keep posting so we can all know how it is going. Lynn (in Kent, WA) Having revision to duodenal switch on 3/27/07 with Dr. Marchesini in Brazil
kimmyanne
on 3/16/07 8:44 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Lynn, thanks for the words of encouragement. The hospital I am going through is Good Samaratian in Portland and the surgeon is Dr. Dennis Hong. Im having the by-pass. I am excited I just need some words of encouragement every so often. Its really encouraging when I see all the success stories. Thanks again Lynn and I will keep everyone updated. Kim B.
Tahoeduck
on 3/16/07 3:00 pm - Kent, WA
Hi Kim - sounds like you have not researched the different kinds of bypass - you probably are having the roux-en-Y, not the duodenal switch. If I were you, I would read up on both and compare them and the long term results and pros and cons of both before you proceed. (you might want to check out duodenalswitch.com and also go to the duodenal switch forum on this web site and ask a few questions as to why people have chosen it.) Good luck with whatever you do. Lynn
kimmyanne
on 3/17/07 4:08 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Lynn, Gosh I'm sorry that was just a typing error on my part, I am having the roux-en-y. I have researched this for the last 2 to 3 years. But I appreciate your advice. My fingers just go a little to fast on the keyboard sometimes. Thanks again. Kim B.
lorisb
on 3/18/07 9:53 am - Vancouver, WA
Whatcha need, Kim? I had my lap band done in Oct. 2005 by Dr. Jan. It was great! I have no regrets and have had very few issues with Dr. Hong, Dr. Jan, Dr. Patterson or the staff! Heck, I know I had a few complaints but they were so minor I don't even remember what they were, lol! Although I had a different type of surgery, it doesn't mean I can't be helpful! Oh, and, yes, I am in Vancouver, too (Minnehaha). Lori
nolakm
on 3/18/07 3:47 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi Kimberly. My name is Nola and I live in Vancouver too. Wow!! I am so happy for you. You're well on your way to a new, healthier you. I just started this WLS journey myself. I went to a seminar a couple of weeks ago. And fired my applications off in the mail. Then I was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks before I heard anything. Yikes!! I didn't think it would take so long. Anyway, if you're just now getting nervous....you're doing great. I'd like to keep in touch and see how you're doing. And if you ever need to talk.....I'm here on the board. Nola
corinnaq
on 3/18/07 5:18 pm - Woodinville, WA
Kimberly, Hi and welcome! I was a complete mess by the time I had my surgery. And I'm normally a pretty level person. So don't worry it's totally normal and unfortunately will get worse. By two weeks before surgery I was the person no one wanted to be around. One minute crying, the next being uber ***** But everyone that was on my surgery month board went through the same thing so it's totally normal. When you find out what your surgery date is I highly recommend checking out your surgery month board. I love my Nov '06 people, we all are going through the process at the same time and it's been great to share our successes and hardships with each other. Feel free to ask any questions you might have as they come to you and good luck! Corinna Q
Most Active