Looking for Bariatric Center of Excellence

marcoislandmom
on 3/13/07 9:00 am - Naples, FL
For one of the members on my board, she is trying to locate a Center of Excellence in Washington State. Can anyone help with this question?
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/13/07 9:49 am - WA
Franciscan Medical Group St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way is one, St Joseph in Tacoma also.
corinnaq
on 3/13/07 4:40 pm - Woodinville, WA
Nili, The other response you rec'd is correct but more to the point it is the ONLY center of excellence in Washington state. Corinna Q
giver44
on 3/15/07 7:39 am - Post Falls, ID
As of Feb 2007 there is now Rockwood Clinic that is a Center of Excellence.. I just had my Dr. consoltation. Yesterday. That's in Spokane. I am sorry. Sure am glad I reviewed my message before sending it.
PinkFlamingoes
on 3/15/07 11:14 am - Buckley, WA
St Francis is the only Bariatric Center of excellence in Western Washington , as far as I know . I don't know about the Spokane hospital mentioned .There are different types of centers of excellence . Such as The Univercity of Washington has a great bariatrics program , & is a Center of excellence for women's health . But , from what I could tell , they haven't acheived that for their bariatrics program , yet . That's not to say I can't be wrong . But , I went on St. Joseph's & UW's sites & that's what I found out . Kathy
BarbS
on 3/15/07 10:11 pm - Everett, WA
There is 5 in washington state listed on this website. I hope this helps http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MedicareApprovedFacilitie/BSF/list.asp#TopOfPage
lorisb
on 3/18/07 10:07 am - Vancouver, WA
There are also two in Oregon -- Legacy Obesity Institute and OHSU. They're right across the border in Portland, Oregon. I actually went to Legacy... Lori
gettinthinner
on 3/24/07 10:01 am - Lacey, WA
Mason General Hospital in Shelton is also a BCE now.
Most Active