Group Health denial help

LDavidson
on 3/10/07 1:43 am - Bremerton, WA
I am posting for a friend. He has been denied through GH and they are now saying they have excluded this from our plan. (I say our because we work together & have the same plan.) He has gone through all the testing & requirements. Has anyone else experienced this? I am trying to help him out with any information & what his next step should be. He's already looked into a lawyer & it will cost him $1500 to just even start & I don't think he needs to take this step yet. Thanks! Lisa
Denisha V.
on 3/10/07 4:57 am - WA
If he is a washington employee under group health, then there is an exclusion. If he goes to the pebb website there is tons of info, because there are two plans with the state that have included the surgery this year. I think regence and uniform, but you have to have comorbs. I hope this helps.
clegate
on 3/12/07 10:26 am - Shelton, WA
Unfortunately it's your employer who has eliminated this option from you plan if I understand it correctly. My school district dropped it too but luckily I found out about it early enough that GH was able to get me in before the drop date. Group Health is not the culprit. I was willing to start a letter campaigne to our politicians in Olympia to try to force employers to offer weight loss surgery but didn't get any other interested people. I don't think our employers should be allowed to put our health at risk because of money. I'll get off my soap box now. I wish all the best to your friend. Tell him not to give up. If he does get to use GH, Dr. Bock is amazing. Good luck to him. Carol
Most Active