Surgery in Mexico

Brandy_Lee
on 3/7/07 12:39 am - Washougal, WA
I am looking for some information on this option. Has anyone here had there surgery performed in Mexico by Dr Ortiz and his staff? How was the experience? How were the facilities? Did you have it done in Cancun or Tijuana? Dr Ortiz seems like he is extremely qualified, my concern is cleanliness in Mexico? I have vacationed in both cities and neither of them were very clean. Especially TJ... Any information would be greatly appreciated.
clegate
on 3/7/07 4:48 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Brandy, I had considered getting my surgery in Mexico but luckily got insurance to cover it. You might try the South of the Border boards. I'm sure someone there can give you some good advice. Good luck, Carol
Lena Kay
on 3/7/07 9:50 pm - WA
I had lapband surgery with Drs. Huacuz and Romero in TJ. The hospital was clean and well organized, and everything was professional. Dr. Ortiz has an excellent reputation too. Do check out the South of the Border site. Lots of us have had our surgery in Mexico.
Danielle H.
on 3/7/07 9:59 pm - Puget Sound, WA
VSG on 04/06/07 with
I have been researching this for about 2 months and I have decided to go with Dr.Joya in Puerto Vallarta. Between his reputation (I have corresponeded and talked on the phone with a many of his patients) and his phenomenal price, I feel that he is definately one of the best "South of the Border" doctors. Before I was going with Dr. Ortiz and had to change my mind when I attended Dr.Oh's (up in Federal Way) orientation meeting. I changed from having my mind set on the lap band to going with the vertical sleeve, Ortiz does not do that. Dr.Ortiz has his own website forum of great support, the link is http://www.lapbandforum.com/. You should go there and talk to the folks that have used him. I have not heard anything bad about him, so he must be pretty good. Good Luck!
merleygirl
on 3/9/07 5:26 am
Hi Danielle, May I ask you what made you change your mind about having the lap band? Judy
nextmove
on 3/19/07 3:48 pm
My friend has surgery with DR Joya 11-06-06 and she was very pleased with the process. I am atempting insurance approval, but without it I will be going to Dr Joya! There is a lady over on bariatric eating board that has surgery with Dr Joya in APril. Everyone has commented onhow helpful staff was and how clean the hospital was.
Angelplusthree
on 3/8/07 8:40 am - Richland, WA
I had surgery in Mexico feel free to email me any questions. I was self pay. Angel [email protected]
amom38
on 3/8/07 11:29 am - Metaline Falls, WA
I'm going with Dr. Huacuz. My date is March 20th. Surprisely enough for me I feel totally at ease. Good luck with your search.
Lynn E.
on 3/9/07 6:13 am - Lynnwood, WA
I had my lapband done in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and his staff. Occassionally when people hear that I had my surgery done in Mexico this is met with a look of shock or fear, but honestly I had felt nothing but comfort. In fact, I occassionally tell people that my experience at getting the surgery was like going to a spa. I get attended to by a couple of gorgeous physicians and really attentive staff, in a new building where I have expanded cable access, a small fountain in my room, and internet access brought to be via a laptop in my bed. In fact, the only thing that was missing was a round of golf and a full body massage. While this is a bit of extending- I assure you that the facilities are nice, luxurious, and very comfortable. I'd recommend him or Dr. martinez to anybody- I would return in a heartbeat with no reservations at all.
Brandy_Lee
on 3/9/07 2:38 pm - Washougal, WA
Thanks everyone! I love this site everyone is so nice and willing to help. I have got some great information and am checking all my options. Brandy
Most Active