My hair?

tinktee
on 3/1/07 2:39 am - Spanaway, WA
Hi everyone, it has been a long while since I have posted. I wanted to ask if anyone has lost most of their hair? I'm close to 2yrs out but have been losing most of my hair over the past 4 months. I was'nt good about drinking protein but have been back to drinking it. I was not good about taking my vitamens but got scared straight on that subject. I have been feeling so good that I didn't think I needed all of the supplements, boy was I wrong, after getting my labs back! So I'm back to being a good girl. Thanks so much for any info on the hair loss. Tee
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 3/1/07 5:03 am - WA
Glad to hear you are getting back on the program! I am hosting a support group meeting on March 13th. at 630 pm. Call if you can come . 253 939 8865 - Merrilou
PinkFlamingoes
on 3/2/07 5:06 am - Buckley, WA
Wow , You're late out to be losing your hair . Your vitamin levels must have been really low . Did you just quit taking them 6-8 months ago ? I have lost a lot of my hair , but am only 5 months out . I am still not getting in all of my liquid protein . That is all my Dr. counts , as protein . I'm getting there . I do get in food protein , too . And I am taking my vitamins & hair skin & nails supplements . So , i'm hoping it stops falling out soon . I'm glad you are feeling so good . I am feeling well , too . Kathy
JEAN-NA
on 3/5/07 2:53 am
Hi Terry I was just checking out your board , coming up for a visit and might try a support group while I am there, Any way - saw your post and thought I might suggest that you make "Biotin" a part of your daily vitamin routine .. I take 4 500 mcg capsule daily - helped mine grow back .. they are pretty cheap - get em form Walmart for a few bucks Good Luck - usually its a protein issue !!
corinnaq
on 3/5/07 12:17 pm - Woodinville, WA
Terry, I'm almost four months out and started losing my hair about two weeks ago. So I went into massive research mode. For those of us who are losing it 3-4 months after surgery it actually has very little to do with nutrition and everything to do with the major surgery we put our bodies through. Pretty much the hair died immediately after surgery but the way hair cycles work is that once it goes dormant it stays on your head for another 3 to 4 months before falling out. Then it takes another 3 or 4 months before it starts growing back in normally again. So you need to look at what might have happened about that long ago...in your case probably it was lack of protien and supplements, also stress causes hair loss. Anyway, it sounds like you're getting back with the program but it will still take awhile to have it quit falling out. Unfortunately it sucks...but thank you for the great lesson for the rest of us that might think we don't need to keep up with our supplements!!! Corinna Q
Most Active