Veteran getting gb

Denisha V.
on 2/5/07 10:15 am - WA
Just wondering if there are any veterans that are getting gb in Washington. I was on the list in California to get it done at Loma Linda (great facility by the way) but I moved out here because of a job move. My pcp at the Women's Center in Seattle said they do not do the surgery there, but I wonder if they will refer people out to Madigan Hospital because I know they do the surgery there. Any info would be appreciated.
Stacey B.
on 2/6/07 6:01 am - Tacoma, WA
Yes- ask your PCP for a referal to Madigan. They do bypass there but not LapBand so they couldn't help me yet. I know you have to jump through some hoops as far as attending their classes and such. When I saw them in January they were just performing surgery on folks that started the journy back in Sept- so about a 4 month time frame.
Denisha V.
on 2/7/07 2:54 pm - WA
Hi stacey thanks for the help. I do not have tricare, I just am covered for free healthcare with va facilities. I have appt. tomorrow with my md to see if he will refer me out to Madigan? Ever heard of anything like that. I am definately going to try and see what they say. I just moved last April from CA and they do the surgery at VA Loma Linda but I ended up having to move for a job to Washington. Wish me Luck!!
Most Active