Dr. Oh's new partner

PinkFlamingoes
on 2/2/07 9:50 am - Buckley, WA
Hey all . I just had my 4 month check-up . All is well except my protein intake . Had my bloodwork done . I saw Dr. Oh's new partner Dr. Huri (sp) . I liked him . He is very nice , takes his time , is courtious & has a good sense of humor . Just thought you should know . Oh BTW , he is really young . But I liked him . Kathy
beckyboo87
on 2/4/07 9:50 am - bremerton, WA
Kathy, I am glad to hear that as I will probably being seeing him eventually too. On another note...what did you survive off of during the pre op 2 week liquid diet? Im getting ready to start this and am getting nervous. I just cant fathom the idea of liquids only for 2 weeks! Becky
PinkFlamingoes
on 2/4/07 11:16 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Becky . I started dieting pretty strongly 1 1/2 months pre-op . I drank 3 shakes a day & ate a decent high protein low carb dinner . I think that's why I survived the liquid phase . lol . You will be able to have shakes , broths , popsickles , etc ... Dreyers has awesome sugarfree juice bars . Keep busy & it will help . Which procedure are you having ? And when ? The time will go quickly . Kathy
SusanL
on 2/4/07 10:03 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Kathy, Glad to hear everything went ok.. You look great in your picture. I too enjoyed meeting with the new doctor. At first I was a little apprehensive on seeing him because it was my 4 month appts as well and the first time they did my bloodwork but I was just worrying too much I felt great leaving him and felt he did an awesome job and asked lots of questions and answered any questions I had. The only bad thing was that I can't work out for another 4-6 months because he thinks I'm getting an ins. hernia on my left side which was hurting all the time especially after working out. See you this month at the support group. I have lots of clothes to bring. Most are 18/20's and I will be giving away my 16's soon as well. Take a look at my pictures I added the one from Dr. Oh's holiday party as well as other ones. Ok now I want to brag about my oldest son. He is a freshman who made the varsity wrestling team and took 4th place this weekend at sub-regionals. He will go to regionals next weekend. I am so darn proud of him. He is wrestling a little injured right now but was awesome. Now I have to find out how much his letterman's jacket is going to cost me...... Susan
PinkFlamingoes
on 2/4/07 11:30 am - Buckley, WA
Hey Susan . Your picture looks great . I can sure use those pants . I'm in 18/20 & have two pairs . lol . I bought them saturday , because my pants were hanging on me . It's so funny because I don't feel that different , but my size is going down . That sucks about the hernia . I haven't really been able to do anything physical since my RNY because of my knee . I will be going back to work soon . I just started physical therapy . Thanks for the compliment about the picture . That is so cool about your son . You must be so proud . I just got finished helping Christopher with his science project . It stresses me more than the kids . lol . I bought a jug of vanilla powder , after tasting 3 & now hate it . Do you want to try it ? It has to be mixed in a magic bullet or something , because hand shaking it isn't good enough . On meeting day i'm going to get some champion . It seems to mix the best . I don't know what flavor . Maybe their vanilla . Let me know about the shake & i'll bring it to the meeting . I hope my labs come out okay . TTFN KATHY
SusanL
on 2/4/07 11:36 am - Somewhere out there, WA
I would love the shake. I'm still waiting on all my results but know a few are too high and some too low. They all should be back this week. Talk to you later. Susan
Most Active