Seeking New PCP in Seattle

Marybeth S.
on 1/30/07 12:26 pm - Rochester Hills, MI
Hi All, I am in dire need of a new PCP. My current one is through the Polyclinic through Swedish and she simply does not understand the needs of a WLS, specifically a DS, patient. I went in on Wednesday thinking I was having a heart attack (turned out to be an anxiety attack) and they did some bloodwork. The results were very upsetting to me. I'm on the last rung of just about everything in addition to being severely anemic. Even my protein was as low as acceptable which baffles me because I'm insane about my protein. But my PCP had zero concerns whatsoever and told me not to worry about it, even though everything was low or sub-acceptable. She tried to put me on liquid iron again and I told her I couldn't - the last time I tried that, I ended up with infected fissures within weeks from the constipation it caused. So she told me not to worry about it. End of story. I live in downtown Seattle and my insurance isn't wonderful. I found a great ob gyn at Virginia Mason and have heard they have great internists so if anybody could recommend someone through VM that would be preferable. But I can also go somewhere within Polyclinic. Thanks in advance! Marybeth
Michelle_h
on 2/3/07 1:49 pm - seattle, WA
Marybeth, this isn't a VM thing, but I go to a doctor's office in the u-district, the office is called "One Sky Wellness" (206) 363-5555. I couldn't say whether they are pro-WLS, but my doctor did clear me for my lap band, and saw other patients that had been banded. Their office is a mix of naturalpathic and western medicine, and I especially like it because it doesn't have that sterile clinical feel. There is a fountain in the waiting room, there is always hot tea available, and the walls are painted really rich colors. Otherwise, maybe your surgeons office can reccomend someone! Michelle
Laura H.
on 2/4/07 4:22 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Marybeth, I am so sorry you are having these problems. Is this my PCP that is telling you not to worry or are you still with the other Polyclinic doc? If it is mine, I am shocked she would tell you not to worry. Anyway, my best suggestion is for you bring your labs to the DS meeting on Saturday. Dr. Rabkin will be there and I am sure he would be willing to go over them with you. This sounds like something that might call for a DS surgeon's input rather than just a PCP. Laura
Most Active