ugly body

blewis8599
on 1/30/07 10:31 pm - Auburn, WA
I have now lost the weight and my body is uglier than it ever was heavy........what can I do about the baggy skin, etc. I can't afford PS right now.......I am exercising, but I think cuz it all came off in 7 months that is part of the problem. Ideas?
auntlorlee
on 1/31/07 5:22 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Barb! I hate to tell you this, but you will only see minimal changes in your loose skin from exercise. Just a fact of life after losing over 100lbs. Our bodies have stretched out to the max with our excess weight and there is no shrinking back. You will definitely tone your muscles by exercising the but the skin will not go back to it's original form. Sad but true. I am having the same issues with mine. I have lost 130lbs and have lots of loose skin on my belly and my thighs. My arms aren't too bad, I can live with them. I won't do a thigh lift so I will live with those too. I am researching having a tummy tuck or lower body lift but will end up paying for it myself. So... it might be a lonnnnnng while before that happens. The way I see it, nobody but my husband sees my loose skin and it doesn't look too bad in clothing. I can hide it pretty well. I feel so much better about myself that I have to look past the skin hanging and my saggy behind! I would much rather be this way than the way I was 130lbs ago. I was miserable and unhealthy. Good luck on your journey! We are all in this together! :thumsup: Take care, Lori
Marybeth S.
on 1/31/07 11:20 pm - Rochester Hills, MI
Unfortunately there really isn't much that you can do to alleviate the extra skin. Exercise helps to keep it healthy and the building of muscle gives the skin something to cover a little bit. Depending upon your age, there will be a bit of skin retraction over time but the fact of the matter is that when skin is stretched out, it loses elasticity and just doesn't go back into place. I wish I could give you a better or more hopeful answer. There are so-called miracle creams that claim to shrink this or get rid of that but it's essentially snake oil. It's depressing as hell and takes a toll on your esteem. But try to remember that it's skin and not fat. It helps a little.
Most Active