asperger's syndrome

cheryl D.
on 1/30/07 8:24 am - bellingham, WA
Does anyone know of a doctor good with and at dignosing aspergers? Or know anything about it and IEPs with schools.
Hisdove
on 1/30/07 6:54 pm
Hello, My son has been diagnosed with autism/asperger's syndrome. He was diagnosed at 22 months and is now 7 and is doing well. We used Doctor Derby in Spokane. But I found his name from calling my local Birth to 3 program after noticing delays in my son. Try contacting Head Start or Early Head Start or your local school district. They can help you. As for a IEP, Joshua had one up until last year when I decided to homeschool him myself. We live in a small town and I realized that I would be able to give him better attention and help then a small and under staffed and under resourced school. In a bigger school.. a IEP is wonderful! During preschool his IEP help pay for all of his therapy (3 times a week) and it also gave him a special aid during the day. I'm not sure what you wanted to know exactly about a IEP.. but that's the basics.. Every state is differant.. but in Washington the parent has the right to change or demand changes and suggest whatever nessicary for their child on the IEP. And it must be updated once a year.. but can be updated at anytime. I would talk to the school district about it. They where very helpful to me. Hope that helps!
kiranicole
on 1/31/07 4:07 pm - WA
Hi my brother was diagnosed with autism at the age of 2. Hes 5 years old know and doing well. His speech has greatly improved along with many other things.Contact the school district for IEP. There is a wonderful doctor at the childrens hospital in tacoma his name is Dr. Walker. mary bridge hospital in tacoma specializes in children. They have a Autism-spectrum diagnostic program there. I suggest contacting them as well to get a proper diagnose. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask Kira
kiranicole
on 1/31/07 4:09 pm - WA
also go to http://www.autism-society.org they offer alot of information.
Most Active