help with medical coupon

chele6570
on 1/30/07 6:33 am
RNY on 07/02/12
i have a washington medical coupon and chpw. i need to know how i can get them to pay for gastric bypass to save my life. i am desprete. i am only 37 and i don't want to leave my 2 kids without a mother. thanks, michele
corinnaq
on 1/31/07 1:47 pm - Woodinville, WA
Michele, Your best bet would be to call the place that gives you that insurance...I'm not sure exactly what you have...I've never heard of medical coupon and chpw but if they are going to cover gastric bypass you're going to have to talk to them at some point anyway and find out what kind of requirements they have. Many require certain comorbidities, or a certain amount of pounds over ideal, also some require 6 months of medically supervised diet history...it can go on and on. So really it is best to call them directly and figure out if they cover it and what hoops you have to jump through to get it approved. Good luck Corinna Q
DeeRoman
on 2/6/07 10:21 am - Montesano, WA
Hi Michele I am also on medical coupons but not chpw, not sure what that is, but according to medicaid (what they are really called) you have to find a doctor that is willing to take the coupons and I have only found that the UW ( University of Washington) takes them, so far. They have a long waiting list of about 2 yrs. I have been on the waiting list for a year now and still have to wait another year before they will even look at my paperwork, so get on the list as soon as possible and then just keep looking like I have been, sooner or later we will find someone and when I do I will let others know also. Good luck and if you need someone to talk with feel free to email me.
gina P.
on 2/10/07 1:48 pm - graham, WA
i know I have asked my Surgeon if they take coupons ( for a friend) and they said they take them on a case by case situation...might be a long shot...but it is worth a try. Just follow the surgeon link on my profile... Gina
Most Active