Medifast Shakes pre/post-op?

otamtam
on 1/28/07 9:51 am
So, I have at least a month's worth of Medifast stuff stuck in a box in the guestroom. I tried it, and had a difficult time because I was still always hungry. ALWAYS! I'm 2 days pre-op, and my doc has me on "full" liquids; tomorrow I cut back to clear liquids. But I finally found a great use for those Medifast shakes! They make great "full" liquid choices. What I'm wondering is if anyone has used them post-op as supplements? It would sure be handy to already have these on hand. Any thoughts? Tammi-
Stacey B.
on 1/29/07 12:30 pm - Tacoma, WA
I'm in the same boat as you- only I probably have more than thet! My doctor required me to "protein load" starting a month before surgery adding 2 protein shake of 30 grms protein each. At 2 weeks prior is the clear liquids plus 2 shakes and I'll have 4 weeks clear liquids post-op (shakes starting on day 7). I checked out the medifast and they are only 15 grms protein each so I have been using them and adding a scoop of another protein shake with it- helps the taste too! I had a bunch of the tea/punch/cocoa ones as well and have just used two more of these thru the day. Hopefully I'll be out of them by my surgery and I can use the good stuff after that! Good luck!
Most Active