a lap bend w/ partle dentures???

nannycolleen
on 1/27/07 5:18 pm - snohomish, WA
ok im 28 and am getting partle dentures to replace my molers all of them basicly(dont ask why) any way do you think the lap band would be successfuleven tho i have to chew with these??? also i have savere pcos dose the weightloss help ANY of the simptoms?
lorisb
on 1/28/07 7:16 am - Vancouver, WA
You shouldn't have any problems with your teeth. My back teeth are almost all crowns now and I haven't had a problem. You can also use a knife to cut your food to smaller sizes that are easier to chew. And, yes, losing weight can relieve symptoms of PCOS. Lori
corinnaq
on 1/29/07 6:08 am - Woodinville, WA
Colleen, Here are a couple of hints about partial dentures (my fiance is a dentist and I've worked in the practice for several years). Make sure you go to a dentist that is VERY comfortable doing dentures. Not many dentists are. If you can find a dentist that went to the UW school of dentistry that is the best because they are required to do extensive denture work in that school that many other schools don't require. After you've found someone you're comfortable with here is the other key. If it doesn't fit, doesn't stay on, isn't comfortable etc etc go back and have them make adjustments until it does and is. Yes, you will have to get used to having it in your mouth but it should cut your gums or cause sores, it should fit snuggly and stay put WITHOUT any adhesive (you should never have to use adhesive with a well made denture). Make sure your dentist includes as many adjustments as you need in the cost and then use them. We would have patients coming in several times a week at first and were happy to make them comfortable. Make sure you don't get your denture on the last day of their work week. they should schedule you for the first or second day of the work week so that if there is a problem you aren't miserable all weekend (which for many dentists is three days). Also the great difference between partials and full dentures is that the partial will have solid teeth to hang on to and will make chewing much less difficult then you might expect. Hope that helps a little!! Corinna Q
Most Active