Help!!

SusanL
on 1/26/07 12:50 pm - Somewhere out there, WA
I had my 4 month check up on Wed and had my first round of blood work drawn and I haven't felt the same since then. Could it be from all the blood they had to draw (10 tubes)? I am extremely exhausted, I get lighted headed when I get up and just don't feel like myself. My eyes have also been bothering me this week. I am getting them checked out. My eyes burn and are blurry. If you have experienced these symptoms is this normal because the amount of blood we have to give? Susan
Stacey B.
on 1/27/07 7:01 am - Tacoma, WA
I wouldn't think it would be the amount since it is still under the pint that they draw when we donate blood- the exception to that would maybe be if you are extremely enemic. Are you taking your iron? and are you taking it with the Vitamin C and nothing else? How long before you get your results back? You might have just caught a touch of something going around. I would maybe increase your iron just in case though! Hope you feel better, Stacey
PinkFlamingoes
on 1/30/07 8:19 am - Buckley, WA
Susan , I sure hope you get feeling better . Have you ever been anemic , in the past ? I haven't been taking any iron as it blocks the absorption of thyroid medicine . But , i've never been anemic , either . I do my bloodwork on thursday . Kathy
Marybeth S.
on 1/30/07 12:29 pm - Rochester Hills, MI
Susan, The same thing happened to me. I had blood drawn on Wednesday for an unrelated problem. Now in my case, I am extremely anemic. In fact, I fainted dead away when they stuck me, a first. They drew only 4 or 5 vials but I slept most of the weekend. Make sure you're getting lots of fluids and hopefully it will pass soon. Marybeth
Most Active