Where can I go to Seminar for WLS in Seattle area?

ANGEL O
on 1/24/07 2:36 pm - Bremerton, WA
i need to know if someone out there knows where I can go for a seminar which is required before even discussing WLS with a DR..Thanks in advance,, ANGEL
Aunt Pam
on 1/24/07 3:46 pm - Arlington, WA
If a doctor requires this "Seminar" usually they offer it through their practice. I know that both Dr Webber and also the U of W medical center offer one. If your doctor requires it, you might call them to ask them where to attend, as they might be offering one through thier practice. Wish you the best of luck, -Pam
Patricia F.
on 1/25/07 6:26 am - Tacoma, WA
You can check out this website as Dr. Oh and Dr. Srikanth both do seminars all over. You can check it out for dates and times. https://www.fhshealth.org/bariatric/seminars.asp Looks like there is one Feb 1st in Seattle and one Feb 7th in Bellevue, but it lists quite a few on there!! Good luck!!
roblynn54
on 1/25/07 7:04 am
NWWLS has a seminar in the south Everett area. As well as Dr. Billings. Are you planning to go to Mexico or here in the US? Robin
LDavidson
on 1/25/07 10:54 am - Bremerton, WA
Hi Angel! I had Dr. Weber in Seattle & went to his seminar at Swedish Ballard. He is a wonderful surgeon. Also, you may already know but if not, once a month there is a group that meets at Harrison for WLS. I have only been to one meeting, but they are a great group! The meetings are 2 hours long. Let me know if you any contact information for either one. Good luck! Lisa
Christine W.
on 1/27/07 12:49 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Angel, I went to a seminar that Dr. Webber did. He seems to be about RNY. I wanted to find out about the lapband (which is what I ultimately chose to do) and went to Northwest Weight Loss Surgery Center in Everett. They performed my surgery in Kirkland and I go to support groups in the S. Everett offices. Find out about all your different surgery options before you decide on a doctor. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. Christine W. Seattle, WA 236/162/130 biggest/current/goal
corinnaq
on 1/29/07 6:12 am - Woodinville, WA
Angel, My surgeon, Dr Chebli, at Northwest Hospital in Seattle has several seminars a month. I believe every other Thursday at Northwest Hospital. Of course I would totally recommend him. He and his staff are wonderful!! But I also recommend going to a couple of seminars. Although you'll get a lot of the same information you will learn a little something new at each one. I went to three before choosing Dr Chebli. Good Luck to you! Corinna
blewis8599
on 1/30/07 10:28 pm - Auburn, WA
Auburn Regional Medical Center 253 833 7711, offers these at least once a month, as does Virginia Mason, 253 874 1600.
Laura H.
on 2/4/07 4:32 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Angel, Please consider coming to our Duodenal Switch Support Meeting on Saturday the 10th. Dr. Rabkin, one of the best DS surgeons in the world will be flying in from San Francisco to give a presentation on the history of WLS as well as details of the surgeries currently performed. We do have an emphasis on DS but he talks about all options in the presentation. This will also give you a chance to learn about DS which is a great WLS option that many people don't know about. I agree with the previous posters who suggested learning about all surgical options and attending lots of different groups and seminars before deciding on a surgery and surgeon. Here is the lowdown on the meeting. Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone you think might be interested in coming. When: Saturday, February 10, 2007, 4:00 PM, Where: Sizzler, Tukwila 16615 Southcenter Pkwy Tukwila, WA Seattle , WA 98188 (206) 575-0427 We meet in the meeting room at the back of the restaurant. Laura
Most Active