Need advice

dgilmer
on 1/22/07 3:14 am - DAVENPORT, WA
I am hoping to have probably Distal Bypass? in September. Anybody know any good doctors and/or seminars to go to who do this type of surgery? thanx, diane
Geminidream
on 1/22/07 6:59 am - Spokane, WA
I highly recommend Dr.'s Bright and Rawlins in the Rockwood Clinic Bariatric practice. They do their RNY's by laparoscopy which is great since you heal quicker. You'll need to attend an info seminar before getting an appointment or you could view the seminar on video. Their post-op program really impresses me, they want you to be successful and keep an eye on you for five years. The bariatric coordinator is Carol Pielli, RN. She could give you info on when the next seminar will be or on getting the tape in the mail. The number is (509) 838-2531 ext. 2607. Also, Carol is the person who leads the monthly support group and is three or four years out from her own RNY. She's *absolutely great*...really saved my neck when I was in the hospital (very long story, won't bore you) and has so much great information about gastric bypass. Another Spokane area WLS doctor is Lawrence Schrock. He did my VBG in '99 but to my knowledge, does not do lap surgery which is why I didn't go back to him for my revision. Back then he had zilch for support and a terrible office staff...I hear this has totally changed. Molly
Most Active