Seeking New Doctor in Spokane

Billie Jo C.
on 1/15/07 5:25 am - Spokane, WA
Anyone know of a good Doctor in Spokane who has experience with patients in need of WLS? Preferably in the downtown area or the north-side by north-town mall. I really need a Doctor who is supportive and understanding (Female if possible). A doctor who knows what co-morbidities are considered for approval and such. Any information would be very helpful. I think I hit a brick wall with my current Doctor and should really start searching out another. Any information in finding a new supportive Doctor would be very grateful. Thank you -Billie Jo
Geminidream
on 1/15/07 1:04 pm - Spokane, WA
Billie Jo, I'm so sorry you are having trouble getting your WLS approved. The only other doctor I know of isn't a woman and doesn't do lap surgeries...Dr. Lawrence Schrock. He did my VBG in '99 and is a very competent surgeon. I understand he has a support group and better post-op plan in place now than he did back then. He was very well versed in what comorbidities are required for approval and all that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to find someone to help you get through this battle. Molly
Billie Jo C.
on 1/16/07 1:07 am - Spokane, WA
Thank you Molly ...I was not very clear in my first post. I should have mentioned what type of Doctor I was looking for. So what I should have put in my first post is that I was looking for a PCP. I'm not to worried about a surgeon right now... it seems I can't even make it that far. I need to find a PCP who can help me get to that point. I need a PCP who understands what WLS is and what needs to be done to reach that point in obtaining advise from a WLS surgeon. So I should have stated that in my first post I'm sorry. I'm really grateful for the help Molly thank you so very much. -Billie Jo
amom38
on 2/1/07 12:00 pm - Metaline Falls, WA
You might try Dr. Tabatha Danley, in the doctors building at Sacred Heart. She's AWESOME. I call her a skinny mini, but she's a excellent listener and A great lady Dr. Good luck.
Most Active