Hello from north of Spokane

Hisdove
on 1/27/07 7:07 am
No, sorry, mine is the Basic option. Here is a link to the file that talks about the differance in benifits. http://www.fepblue.org/pdf/sbp2007.pdf Page 10 talks about the surgery.... but not indepth very well. I'm calling again on monday to make sure. I'll let you know what I find out. -s
Geminidream
on 1/19/07 10:58 am - Spokane, WA
TSS---that is scary! Very glad you got good medical care and came through it ok. I understand about not wanting to go through health problems associated with obesity. My uncle had some sort of WLS in the 70's and regained his weight (plus). Now, as an elderly person he is in terrible health and has had some really serious scares recently and I'm determined not to go down that same path. Do you have documentation on some of your diets? Anything like a Weigh****cher's membership book or Jenny Craig-type plan and receipts? Things like that help convince not only your pcp but also the insurance company that you have really, really tried to get the weight off by other means. It is great that your insurance company doesn't require a comorbidity, that seems very progressive. I hope you are able to get your doctor to recommend you to a surgeon at your Feb. appt. Molly
dgilmer
on 1/22/07 3:23 am - DAVENPORT, WA
Hi there, Are you talking about a support group?? I am looking for one to go to. Did you have your surgery in Spokane? And what kind? diane
Geminidream
on 1/22/07 6:44 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Diane, Yes, there is a support group run by the Rockwood Clinic bariatric practice on the third Thursday of the month at the downtown Rockwood Clinic office at 6 p.m. A few times in the next few months we'll be on a different day and having the meeting at the physical therapy office for exercise therapy...if you are interested I could send you the schedule. I was told there are also two other groups in Spokane, one from Dr. Schrock's practice and the other...don't know. My surgery was lap RNY revision from open VBG. Had it done at Sacred Heart Dec. 4th. It was a bit more difficult to recuperate from than a straight RNY, I think, but still not bad. Have been home on medical leave and go back to work on the 29th because my job is very physical and I wanted to be absolutely sure my tummy muscles are really well healed. Don't need a hernia! Hope to meet you at one of the support group meetings soon! Molly
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/07 2:52 am - Bothell, WA
My mom had her gall bladder removed laproscopially years ago. When she had her laproscopic gastric bypass surgery last week they used the same holes. Her doctor said her incisions were not sutured properly on the inside of her stomach, so she only has one new incision. I am amazed at how fast she has recovered.
Most Active