thigh lift in western Washington

cheryl D.
on 1/10/07 5:55 pm - bellingham, WA
Anyone know of a good surgen who does thigh lifts near Bellingham? All so where are pictures of people with really bad legs and the after results. Most of those I see of the before thighs I would be happy if mine were only that good. i had giant thighs before i ever got heavy and when I gained of course they got even bigger. Now they look like to giant deflated air ballons. I also must pay my own as insurance says it is unnesasary. So what does it run i have not been able to pin anyone down? If you have complications later can you get insurance to cover it like infections elc? I lost 200 pounds and unlike others a tummy tuck although it would not come amiss is not something of importance to me. I can hide it in a bathing suit or anything I would go out in public in. After all I am almost 58 years old. Anyhoo I just mean my legs are so bad that is my main thing. Suppose if I get my thighs done then my tummy will look bad like if I paint the dinning room cause it is the worst then the living room all of a sudden looks horrible and so on until i have done the whole house.
Laura H.
on 1/12/07 7:11 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Cheryl, I just had my lower body lift with Dr. Egrari in Bellevue, WA. I know this is a bit of a trek from Bellingham but I think in order to find a Plastic surgeon that specializes in WLS patients you will need to travel. I am thrilled with what Dr. Egrari has done for me and recommend that you have a consult with him to see how he would address your thigh problem. The other surgeon in the area who has lots of experience with massive weight loss patients is Dr. Gavin Dry in Kirkland. He is pretty great too. I would recommend getting consults with both of them before deciding on how you want to address your thighs. Dr. Egrari's website is www.egrari.com Dr. Dry's site is www.gavindry.com They have rather different philosophies on after care but are both excellent surgeons. If you talk with both of them you can see which seems like a better fit for you. Best of luck to you, Laura
Marybeth S.
on 1/30/07 12:42 pm - Rochester Hills, MI
I have heard amazing things about both Egari and Gavin. I wish I'd gone to one of them. Mine was a complete failure and almost a year later I still have a couple of spots that are not healed. Mine was covered by insurance and if I wanted to do it again, they would pay for it but I don't want to go through it again. I would strongly suggest a tummy tuck prior to a thigh procedure. You may see some lift just from that and it gives a better perspective for both you and a surgeon. You would have to ask your insurance company if they would cover potential complications from an uncovered procedure. My guess is that if it was a direct result, they would not but if it was only partially related it's possible they would. Make sure that when you get your quote from your surgeon that it makes mention of care for complications and follow up visits.
Most Active