post surgery 6weeks out!!

Cynthia_G.
on 1/5/07 2:47 pm - moses lake, WA
hi everyone I'm a little over 6 weeks out and have lost 45lbs wahoo!! but I just started working out and feel great!!!! Question??? I can't seem to find a good protein drink that doesnt smell bad !! Ive read about one called Unjury??? dose anyone know about this protein powder??? if so how is ? and if its good where can I buy it??
Geminidream
on 1/5/07 3:19 pm - Spokane, WA
Cynthia, congratulations on your great loss!!! Do you feel like you have your energy back yet? Dr. Rawlins told me Wednesday that I can start exercising but it wears me out after five minutes to the point I feel I have to sit down or fall down. Just no stamina yet. When does that come back? Regarding the Unjury, give Merri Lou at Dr. Rawlin's office a call. She attended a dietician's conference and I believe met the person who created it and had samples for us to try a few months ago at the support group meeting. The dietician who created it wanted feedback about the product taste and I think most of the people in the room who tried it found it ok. Some didn't like it. I didn't try it because it is sweetened with aspartame, which gives me migraines. If that sweetener doesn't bother you, Merri Lou can tell you who to contact to purchase it or maybe she even has a sample or two left for you to try. If you don't want to call you can e-mail her, do you still have her e-mail address? Let me know if you need it. Molly
Cynthia_G.
on 1/16/07 3:36 pm - moses lake, WA
Hi molly yes I got tired fast at first but i just started by walking around the block once then twice and so on then i started the gym. 30 min. and up to 1 hr 5 times a week .. it all takes time . dont give up the fight !!! yes I would like maylous e mail address please!! thanks Cynthia
SusanL
on 1/8/07 3:37 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Cynthia, Congrats on your weight loss so far. As for Protein drinks I can only handle Champions Chocolate but I have to use a coffee mug with a lid on it. All protein drinks smell to me and that's the hardest part to get by. Try drinking your shake in a cup with a lid on it. I'm not sure but I think vitalady sells samples all different types of protein shakes.
Aunt Pam
on 1/8/07 1:14 pm - Arlington, WA
Cynthia, way to go... I am so proud of you!!!! I know what you mean about protien drinks, as I have found it is true for me as well. I found Profec goes down very good and has no bad smell (to me anyway). I also could stand the nectar brand... some of the flavors are better for my nose than others. That is all so far... but I keep an open mind... just a very pick nose. -Pam
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/07 2:05 am - Bothell, WA
Cynthia, I have not had the surgery yet, so I have not had much experience with the protein shakes but my son drinks protein shakes daily. I am not sure of the brand name, but I buy it at Costco, and it is over by the vitamins etc. He said it's really good, and it comes in vanilla and chocolate. I know it smells really good! Good luck!
Most Active