Western Washington

clegate
on 12/18/06 3:14 am - Shelton, WA
Is everyone OK after the wind storm? I know some of you are still waiting for electricity. We got ours back on this morning at 1:35. It's been a long and cold three days. I have had a terrible time trying to keep my protien level up during this time but I'm not going to worry about it. Hope everyone and their homes are alright. Carol
lhasaraptormom
on 12/18/06 4:31 am - Spokane, WA
Wow what crazy stuff was that anyway? We lost power on Sat. the day after the storm so we came home and played board games in the dark by candlelight, we did not think of the smoke from the candles though.... ALL of our fire alarms went off, the dogs were scared one even pooed on the floor he was so scared, try missing that in the dark, hee hee, I did thankfully!! We called the fire department to help us get them to turn off and after they checked the house gave us a lecture of burning candles, WELL how else are we suppose to see, duh its dark!!! Anyway I hope all of you are doing well, C YA!!
LaDena
on 12/19/06 1:53 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi Carol, I was one of the lucky ones who only had to do without power for about 24 hours. Of which I spent about 12 at work and 8 sleeping. So it wasn't too bad for me. A couple of the doctors I work for are still without power. I offered to let them come over and at least take showers and do some laundry. I have two guest rooms, and offered to let anybody who needed a place to crash come on over. No takers. I think people are toughing it out. Hope it won't be too long before people get their power up and running. I know many people have holiday plans. Take Care, Dena
PinkFlamingoes
on 12/21/06 6:49 am - Buckley, WA
I only went without power for a little over 24 hours . My mom was without power for 4 days . Luckily she has a propane heater that looks like a woodstove . She has a small generator to run her fridge & laptop (LOL) . Which , she ran outside on her patio . I use a kerosene heater , but ventilate well . & its a good one . It was the lanterns that got to me . Too sooty . My cats loved it because they (3) layed by the heater . When it was too dark for the hyper munchkins to play , I pulled out the hide-a-bed & read 3 chapters of Lemony Snicket by lantern . The kids actually like it when the power is out . Me too , just don't tell them . Kathy
Most Active