Food aversions

K C
on 11/30/06 12:10 pm - Bothell, WA
Hiya. I'm ~11 weeks post RNY and am developing one food aversion after another. Scrambled eggs, meat, milk, cheese, yogurt...these were all fine for me for a while now I'm developing aversions to them. They all have turn my stomach. The thought of them, too. I've been living on peanut butter and crackers. Is this a stage anybody else has gone through? Do you have any suggestions for me? Thanks! (I posted this on the main board, too, but figured my Washington peeps are more likely to respond ) --Kate
PinkFlamingoes
on 12/2/06 10:52 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Kate , There are some foods that were okay early on , but don't sit well now . The biggest one for me is my shakes . I can't stand the milky ones , they make me feel yucky . The nectars are okay . But the nectars require so much water . It's tough . Eggs & meat are hard ones for many people . I like peanut butters , too . I just eat a heaping teaspoon . Some people can't tolerate that , either . If people give you a hard time about peanut butter , remember that the oil is heart healthy . Good luck . Kathy
Misty M.
on 12/5/06 6:14 am - Renton, WA
i did the same thing. i hate eggs now, but i know it is just a phase. after about 2 months, i decided i LOVED lunchables types of lunches (cheese and meat sliced thin on crackers goes down well for me, i guess). the thought of pudding or jello makes me miserable, but lately ive been able to eat yougurt again. soups are a mainstay, but i hate eating them alll the time! slowly try to incorporate more foods into your diet. i make sure to eat a little fruit everyday (juice if i need it for the calories and vitamins) so that you can "go". my favorite right now, at 4 months? mini sirloin patties with cheese, mac n cheese, and stemed or lightly sauteed (in a non stick) veggies. i eat it like, 3 times a week. but at 2 months my favorite thing was a cup of white bean chicken chili from Sharis...its good and flavorful, filling and full of protein. and soft. good luck!
corinnaq
on 12/5/06 12:30 pm - Woodinville, WA
I concur with the other ladies who posted. Even at three weeks post of some of the stuff I was fine with for the first two weeks I can't stomach at all now. Even some smells turn my stomach terribly. I'm still on pureed foods so I can't contribute a lot but eggs weren't working for me and then I tried doing egg drop soup (just drizzle beaten egg into boiling broth) with some chicken broth and that went down like a dream I was able to eat all of the egg and it didn't bother me at all. So perhaps trying some of those mainstays in different ways would work. Anyway, I'm not a lot of help because I'm still on pureed foods but I think this is fairly commen. Good luck to you! Corinna Q
Most Active