What does this sensation mean?

Benny
on 11/9/06 3:01 am
Hi all, This is my first posting. I really appreciate this site and being able to read postings from all of you who have "been there". I had surgery about 2.5 months ago and just got my second fill. I had no restriction with my first fill and now wonder if I am too tight or if this is how it should feel. I sometimes feel like certain foods are not going down even when they are well chewed and very moist. I can sometimes only eat a couple of bites before I feel stuck. If I eat a few more bites I get the sliming thing and it hurts. On the other hand, at the end of the day I usually can eat 1/2 cup of food and feel like I could even eat more. I never really get a full feeling. I only feel like its about to hurt if I eat more. Is this how it is suppose to feel? Brenda
mommyslittlemonster
on 11/9/06 6:56 am - Stanwood, WA
I won't be much help as my surgery takes place next week- but I have heard that many banders are able to eat more in the afternoon than in the morning. This could account for why it hurts in the morning and you can eat so much in the afternoon. Just a tip.
lorisb
on 11/9/06 9:14 am - Vancouver, WA
You need to take a look at the lap band board: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/board_id,5359/ It sounds to me like you have too much of a fill. You may need a little bit removed. Others have commented that they're tighter in the morning and, as the day goes along, they're able to eat more later thus making their dinner their largest meals. Eating should NEVER hurt. If you're hurting you are repeatedly irritating your stoma and may actually cause damage. I suggest you get a slight unfill. Post your question on the lap band board and I'll bet you'll be getting the same advice. Take care, Lori
Most Active