Surgery scheduled but really nervous!

trhiger
on 11/8/06 2:13 pm - Altus, OK
Hi all, My name is Tasha and I'm having Lap-Band surgery on November 17 and I'm sooooo excited but so very nervous. I feel like I'm finally gonna be able to be healthy! It's only outpatient surgery but I was wondering if anyone could offer up some advice about what to take to the hospital or what to wear or anything really....I can't seem to think straight for very long, as my mind is running a thousand miles a minute! Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks for listening! God Bless, Tash :dance:
mommyslittlemonster
on 11/9/06 6:59 am - Stanwood, WA
Bring slippers and a robe and any meds approved by your surgeon. Bring magazines and a book to keep yourself occupied. Good luck! I'm getting banded 3 days before you. Who's your surgeon?
Rudie2
on 11/14/06 1:05 am - South Sound, WA
Wow! It's almost time - congratulations! One of the things suggested to me was to bring a pillow from home to hold up against your tummy on the ride back home to mitigate any road bumps. Let's hear how you do. Mine isn't scheduled yet, but I'm going to Portland because of insurance considerations. What procedure are you having? Warmly, Rudie2
trhiger
on 11/19/06 6:08 am - Altus, OK
I got the Lap Band done. I'm 2 days post-op and feeling a bit bloated and uncomfortable, but for the most part, I'm just sleepy and still a bit groggy from the pain meds. They gave me liquid Lortab, which knocks me out, but does ease the pain somewhat so I'm able to do somethings. I'm really happy so far, but I know I have a long road ahead of me. I'm able to get up and walk around a bit, so I think that definitely helps with the gas pain s in my shoulder and arm. I'm on the losing side now! Who would've thought I'd have wanted to call myself a loser??!!!
Most Active