Question about medicare.

Havnfun2
on 11/8/06 1:24 pm - WA
I have been on medicaid for 2 1/2 yrs and on the waiting list at UW in Seattle for 1 1/2 yrs. I just got my call to go through the procedures to get Medicaid to approve the surgery there. Now I find out my disability just went through and now they said I will have medicare. My question is I guess can you go anywhere with medicare like especially into portland oregon? Rather than all the way to Seattle? It would be so much closer. At the same time.. now i'm worried about all the approval procedures and how long i'm going to wait again.. etc.. I'm just kinda discouraged tonight as I just got the letter tonight and I guess i'm just looking for a positive in all this mess. Thank you for any help you may be able to give me.. it is much appreciated. Tina
Rudie2
on 11/8/06 11:02 pm - South Sound, WA
In WA there is the Franciscan Health Care in Federal Way. In OR there are Legacy Good-Samaritan Obesity Clinic and one more. To have Medicare coverage you have to go to a "Center of Excellence" designated by Medicare and there are only one in WA and two in OR. I am also on Medicare and am going to Legacy Good Samaritan in Portland. The folks there are supremely supportive, competent and thorough. Have gone through 8 hours of appointment so far and 2 nights in the sleep clinic. Don't give up hope. There are lots of details to attend to. I went to informational meeting in September and had my first appointment the 27th of Sept. The insurance is approved. Oh, Happy Day. Now I wait for a call from the Surgical Dept. It will work out - give it some more time. DeVonne
Rudie2
on 11/12/06 10:01 pm - South Sound, WA
Tina: I just read in the government's site that Medicare has very recently picked another Washington hospital for a "Center of Excellence" bariatric surgery site. It is Mason County Hospital in Shelton. Fine thing, I'm already set up with Legacy-Good Sam in Portland and I'm 16 miles from Shelton. I'm going to go on with the Portland treatment. Good luck. Rudie2
Most Active