My heart is broken...

lhasaraptormom
on 11/8/06 5:07 am - Spokane, WA
in a million tiny pieces... My precious daughter, The LIGHT of my LIFE! has decided to finish out this school year and possibly live forever with her dad... Now this is not a good place for her to be, what can I do... she leaves on Saturday please please please say a prayer for me so I can get through this, My husband is afraid I am going to hurt myself, but if I do that then how would she be able to come back to me?? I just needed to talk this out I am trying to keep busy but i have hit down time and I have been a VERY bad girl... I ate a snickers bar, but grouchy pouchy is making me pay dearly for that... Ciao
PinkFlamingoes
on 11/8/06 7:36 am - Buckley, WA
I'm really sorry that you're going through this . Maybe once she lives with her dad for a while she'll dicover that it isn't so wonderful . Kathy
mommyslittlemonster
on 11/8/06 9:55 am - Stanwood, WA
How old is your daughter? How far away is her dad? I'm sorry! But summer's still far off- enjoy this time that you have now!
lhasaraptormom
on 11/8/06 2:34 pm - Spokane, WA
Steph will be 14 on the 25th He lives on the E. side of Wa. in Moses Lake. thanks
auntlorlee
on 11/8/06 9:54 pm - Bellingham, WA
OMG J, I am so sorry to hear that. What made her decide to do that? Does she think it will be better or should I say, does she think it will be easier living with dad? At 12 years old, they think they know it all. I have a 16 year old daughter who thought that at 12. Thankfully she knows better now. I agree with the other poster that says hopefully she will figure out that it's better with mom. I feel for you, I really do. Have you spoken with her father about this? Email me privately if you need to. You know I am ALWAYS here for you. I too have been into the stupid halloween candy, but it doesn't effect me, which is the BAD part! Please keep in touch and let me know if I can help, even just to lend a shoulder. Lori
BarbS
on 11/9/06 2:31 am - Everett, WA
My son at the age of 12 wanted to go live with his father, who also lived east. My son and I have always been close, and we still are. He is 22 now. It was hard to let him go. But I felt that if he felt that he needed to be with his dad, then I wasn't going to stop him. He lasted 2 months, and he came back home. He got that time with his father that he needed. I just let it run its course. Maybe that is what your daughter needs. Just hang in there. Barb
clegate
on 11/9/06 7:45 am - Shelton, WA
I am so sorry to hear this. Is there reason to think she might be in jeopardy by going? If so, stop her. If not, then you might have to let her go so that you don't loose her for good, if you know what I mean. Just because she lives with her dad doesn't mean she doesn't love you. She may just be looking for something that's missing. Like maybe she's confident in your love for her but not in how her dad feels about her. I'm sure you have raised her very well and she knows how much you love her. Try to stay positive and not get too depressed. Remember we're all here for you. Keep your chin up. As a teacher of 25 years I can tell you that those kids who go live with dad rarely stay long term. Hang in there. Carol
bethhayes86
on 11/9/06 3:15 pm - vancouver, WA
So sorry to hear what you are going through. I am now 20 and I can remember when I was 14 my parents were getting a divorce and my mom and I did not get along at all, I decided to live with my dad for a while too. It didn't last long, I moved back in with my mom after a couple weeks and things were rocky for a little while, but everything ended up good. We are BEST friends now, I really don't know what I would do without my mom. I hope everything ends up well with you two!
Most Active