North Seattle Support Group

marciamcnulty
on 11/6/06 9:06 am - Lake Forest Park, WA
I would like to join or form a support group. I have a large house and would gladly host it, but haven't seen anyone requesting a group in my area. I live in Lake Forest Park which is in North Seattle, near Lynnwood. If you know of a group near by or would be interested in joining a group let me know and I would gladly check into more information as to forming a group. Thanks Marcia McNulty
findinglisa
on 11/7/06 2:16 am - Bothell, WA
Hi Marcia, I live not too far from you in Bothell. I attend the RNY support group at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland on the second Tuesday of each month. It's open to everyone, no matter where you had your surgery or with whom. There is also a support group at Stevens Hospital in Edmonds on (I think) the second Thursday of each month? Someone here usually posts about it. Dr. Weber used to do his surgeries at Stevens, so you'll find a lot of people at that meeting with the same surgoen. This meeting includes people who have had all types of surgeries. Lisa
Laura H.
on 11/7/06 4:02 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Marcia, I have been to both the Evergreen Hospital group and the one at Steven's. They were both good places to gather information and meet other WLS patients. I think there is also a LapBand group that meets at Evergreen. You could try calling the hospital and asking for the scheduling information. They sometimes know and sometimes don't. I plan to attend a plastic surgery support group there tonight so I will see if I can get some info on the other meeting for you. I realize Tukwila is a long way from Lake Forest Park but we are having Duodenal Switch support meeting there this Saturday and you would be more than welcome to attend. I just posted the information in the next post after yours . I am not sure where you are in your journey but if you are still in the information gathering stage I highly recommend attending support groups for as many surgery types as you can. I found meeting people who had actually had the surgeries and hearing about their experiences really helped me to find the right surgery for me. If I find out more about the Evergreen meeting schedule tonight I'll come back and post it. Laura
marciamcnulty
on 11/7/06 5:09 am - Lake Forest Park, WA
Thanks, I will check out the one at Stevens. I am 4 months post surgery. I have lost 56 pounds since sugery although I lost 50 of it in the first 3 months. This last month I have only lost 6 pounds, which I don't understand as I still can't eat very much and I am working out at the gym 6 days a week. Hoping it will start falling off again real soon. Marcia
Laura H.
on 11/7/06 5:17 am - Seattle, WA
It sounds like you are on a little plateau. Our bodies need time to adjust every so often as we move down the scale. Do you measure? Sometimes you can see a big difference in measurements even when the scale isn't moving. I bet your losses will pick up again soon! Laura
Most Active