Wish Center Orphans

SallyT
on 11/8/06 12:28 pm - Federal Way, WA
Hip Hip Hooray for Dr. Alperovich and his staff. I am so contented with him. I am a switch-over from another doctor and another hospital. He is the best. So glad I found him, cuz he sure is helping me now. May he live long and prosper! lol
leberle
on 11/15/06 10:05 pm - Yakima, WA
Hi Donna, I have a friend here in Yakima that went to Wish Center. I've watched her weight loss and asked for her doctor's name. I watched the Wish Center class and sent off three, "I want more infomration" requests online. I received nothing back. Then one day the site was shut down and the phone number she had given me didn't work. I shared with my friend and it took her two weeks to find that "her" doctor, Dr. Alperovich was still doing surgeries and still available. She gave me that number and I have a first appointment. Now, I'm wondering what happened to Wish Center. I created some apprehension about the surgery. Would you mind sharing about what you know. I read your comments about poor business practices and treatment of staff and patients. Linda
Deleecee
on 11/20/06 8:29 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Linda, Congratulations on your consultation date! I'm not sure what I can tell you except that Dr. Alperovich and Dr. Strain used to work for the Wish Center until the company abruptly closed. They were left just as high and dry as their patients. The Wish Center filed for bankruptcy re-organization several months back, but obviously, their attempts to get their finances in order were unsuccessful. In retrospect, this isn't surprising considering how badly they handled the closing of their centers. Dr. Strain took the opportunity to pack up and move on, but Dr. Alperovich worked as quickly as he could to get his own bariatric office set up at Valley Medical Center. He has since taken on any and all former Wish Center patients who need or want his help (in addition to new patients.) His office is now up and running and he's no longer associated with the Wish Center in any way. He's reputable, experienced, and professional and I would have no problem recommending him to anyone interested in WLS. My experiences with him have been great. Good luck with whatever you decide and let me know if I can be of any help to you! Donna 296/165/145
leberle
on 11/20/06 10:14 am - Yakima, WA
Donna, Thank you so much for the info. I figured something financial had to have happened. I am excited to meet with Dr. Alperovich. Chrystie my friend couldn't say enough good things about him. Keep you posted. Congratulations on your weight loss! Linda
Most Active