Wish Center Orphans

Deleecee
on 11/4/06 8:32 am - Seattle, WA
I know that the Wish Center left us all high and dry. However, (and I don't know if this has been discussed), but I'd like to make sure everyone knows that Dr. Alperovich is now up and running out of his own office at Valley Medical. He is happily no longer associated with WISH. I had lap band surgery with Dr. Alperovich and needed an unfill. I heard a rumour he had just begun seeing his patients again, so I found a number for him and they got me in to see him the same day! He is working with a skeleton staff and they have all clearly been working overtime trying to accomodate patients. Dr A. told me that he learned a valuable lesson from all of this and that "business" had no business having anything to do with the medical field and WLS in particular. He was horrified to have worked for a company that would have treated he, his staff, and especially his patients so badly. That's it. I just wanted to say that his office is up and running and is no longer, in any way shape or form, associated with WISH. He's on his own now, and could not have been more helpful or professional. Regardless of how the Wish Center screwed all of us, Dr. A didn't, and I, for one, will continue to see him for my after care. Donna
JPmomoftwins
on 11/4/06 10:51 am - Maple Valley, WA
Donna, Thank you for posting this. The Wish Center mess was pretty bad. But it didn't take long to see the the doctors and staff were suffering too. I think they have all been so good and are really trying hard to catch up with all of the patients that were left high and dry. I had had my surgery scheduled for Sept. 21st, which obviously didn't happen. But I have been in contact with his office and his staff now. And my new surgery date is Jan. 5th!! They have all been so wonderful! Jennifer
Deleecee
on 11/4/06 3:58 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Jennifer; I'm so glad you stuck it out with Alperovich (although I can understand why others chose to move on)...I had the lap band a year and a half ago and have lost over 130 pounds. I only have 20 until I reach my goal weight, and I've never been happier or healthier. Good luck with your surgery, you'll do great! Donna 296/165/145
BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 11/5/06 12:10 am - Dallas, TX
Thanks for the update. I am glad to see Dr. A is a man of honor.
Kaylynne
on 11/5/06 10:13 am - ~, WA
I'm back with Dr. A and Jennene too and could NOT be happier about it. Every time I call, I get a call back immediately to see what I need. I've missed them terribly!! Kim
julieinwa
on 11/6/06 5:24 am - Tacoma, WA
Does anyone know if Dr. Strain is setting up too? Is he associated with Dr A? Is there a phone number you could send me? I had surgery July 17th, and even though I saw my PCP at 3 months, I'd really like a follow up. Julie
Deleecee
on 11/6/06 6:35 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Julie; Dr. Strain and Dr. Alperovich were the two surgeons at the Wish Center but Strain is no longer working at Valley Medical. I don't recall what state Janette told me he was practicing in, but I know he's no longer in Washington. Dr. Alperovich has taken on Dr. Strain's former patients, and I'm certain he could help you with your follow up. You can reach their office by calling 253-251-5111...Janette did tell me that they were going to be closed a couple of extra days for this week only, so don't be concerned if you have to leave a message. (I'm sorry I don't remember what days.) Anyway, give them a call, and good luck with your follow-up. Donna 296/165/145
Lexieandlukasmom
on 11/6/06 10:55 am - Renton, WA
I tried to call today and their message said they were just closed for today. At least they are communicating. I call the old wish center number to get a hold of them. 425-277-9474.
Barrycards
on 11/7/06 4:55 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Ronica -- You might try this number ... and be sure to let it ring a bit. If they are not there, it takes about 10-12 rings before their answering machine picks up. (425) 251-5111.
Deleecee
on 11/7/06 5:54 am - Seattle, WA
Ooops! I posted the wrong area code, but Michael caught it. Thanks! The right number is 425-251-5111.
Most Active