Support Group

Rudie2
on 11/3/06 4:29 am - South Sound, WA
Hopefully, I will be accepted for surgery soon. Because I'm Medicare and at the age limit for Bariatric surgery, I've gone to Portland where there are two facilities and more surgeons. (WA has only one facility accepting Medicare patients.) I'm looking for a face-to-face support group in Shelton, Bremerton, Port Orchard, Allyn, Grapeview area. This forum is wonderful and I'm so happy to find it. Congratulations to all you losers - you're an inspiration. Rudie2
QNSIZEDOLL
on 11/3/06 12:27 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hello Rudie, I am wondering wheat facility in washington state accepts Medicare?? Thanks Dolly
Rudie2
on 11/3/06 9:59 pm - South Sound, WA
Dolly: This is the website for https://www.fhshealth.org/bariatric/chooseSFH.asp Medicare has approved "Centers of Excellence" which can take Medicare patients. This one is in Federal Way and is the Franciscan Health Care System. There are two doctors. The age limit there is 69 and I am 70 so there was only one choice to go to Oregon. I believe the doctors in the Franciscan system were beginning to take Med. patients. Please let me know what you do. Are you scheduled for surgery yet? Blessings, Rudie2
Most Active