Clothing Exchange Idea

BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 11/3/06 4:25 am - Dallas, TX
One of the things that I liked about the Wish Center is that they had a clothing exchange at every support group meeting. I was counting on this. In the absence of Wish and their clothing exchange, I have been racking my brain to figure out how to work something up using this board. So I am going to throw this out there and see what you guys think about it. I really have 2 ideas. 1 is more like a clothes closet like the have at churches. Bring your old clothes in space bags and pick up new ones. But, that would require a location for storing all the clothes and I don't know about any of you, I don't have the space. So, that leads me to my second idea. I call it the Clothesline. You find people from the board that are/were the same size as you, live fairly close or go to the same support meetings, but had their surgery 1-2 months before and find another one that is having surgery 1 or 2 months after. The person who got WLS first passes their clothes down to the next person and then they add their clothes to it and pass it to the next one in line. Get it a clothesline. What do you all think? I know that this board has an exchange forum, but who wants to pay for all that shipping.
SusanL
on 11/3/06 6:45 am - Somewhere out there, WA
What size clothes are you looking for? I am getting ready to be in the next size. I still wear my 18's just because I don't want to spend the money but they are getting too big. I am going to go through my closet and get some together.
BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 11/5/06 12:08 am - Dallas, TX
I am still in my 26's. I would take your 18's but they would just sit in my closet for a couple more months and I would rather you get them to someone who could use them right away. The Nut at Virg Mason told me about the Thrift Center in Tacoma. She said they are huge and have terrific prices. They are on Portland Ave. When I am in regular vs. plus sizes, I am going to check them out.
JPmomoftwins
on 11/4/06 10:54 am - Maple Valley, WA
This sounds like a wonderful idea, although maybe a bit difficult to figure out the logistics. It might be better to do it on a one by one basis.
BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 11/5/06 12:12 am - Dallas, TX
You are probably right. That is why I threw it out there. Thanks for the input!
Most Active