Surgery in 1 week

RVisheaven
on 11/2/06 1:19 pm - Bellingham, WA
Hi, Cathy! I needed to hear what you said about the Atkins diet. Someone in my group said I would feel so good while I was on it. After the major withdrawal from the carbs, which left me feeling totally drained, I thought I would feel better, but I didn't. I need to focus more on the water, which is hard to do at work. But the time is coming to a close and I just pray my liver has gotten smaller for Dr. Billing. I look forward to talking to you again. Bellingham is growing so fast and we will see many more bariatric patients coming on board here within the next year. Cori
auntlorlee
on 11/3/06 12:23 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Cathy! My husband graduated from Mt. Baker HS and both my kids currently attend there! What a small small world! Lori
corinnaq
on 11/4/06 4:58 am - Woodinville, WA
Hi Cori! I've had to do the low carb thing too but my surgeon only requires you cut down to 30 grams of carbs a day which is much easier to handle than 10. And I found that it worked much better for me than the Atkins ever did. I think my body needs those extra carbs and I still lost weight (24 pounds in two months). So you might try getting a few extra carbs in and see if that helps. I agree that apples are great, they are fairly low carbs because of all the fiber and cures the sweet cravings plus the fiber helps keep things moving. Hope that helps a little and welcome to the Washington board. Corinna Q PS I graduated from Sedro Woolley High school so I'm originally from your neck of the woods too
Most Active