Surgery in 1 week

RVisheaven
on 11/1/06 2:18 pm - Bellingham, WA
Hi! I am new here and am looking forward to being a part of this group. My preop diet is low carb and I haven't lost any weight yet so that is frustrating. Atkins never worked for me years ago either...just bound me up. :-( My surgery date for my band is Nov 8 in Bellingham with Dr. Billing. I am so hopeful for my future!! Cori
SusanL
on 11/2/06 12:42 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Cori, Welcome to OH and good luck on your surgery next week. Susan
RVisheaven
on 11/2/06 1:01 pm - Bellingham, WA
Hi, Susan! Thanks for the warm welcome. I need to get a pic on here. I'll get the hang of this eventually! Talk to you later. Cori
auntlorlee
on 11/2/06 12:55 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Cori! I am from Maple Falls! Do you belong to the lap band support group that meets at the mall? I am not sure of the details but could find out for you if you wanted the info. I know people! My girlfriend in Utah had the band so I am somewhat familiar with it. Good luck with your surgery! How exciting for you!!! As for the diet, just do the best you can. It's really hard to lose weight on our own, as we well know. My suggestion is to just try and eat the best foods you can, lots of veggies, and fruit. Stay away from too many carbs but don't eliminate them totally. You need SOME. Eat lean meats and cheeses. Lowfat cottage cheese, string cheese. Whole wheat breads and crackers if you have to have them. And drink LOTS of water! If you ever want to chat, I am usually one here at least 10 times a day! I also have MSN and Yahoo messenger and am logged in all day long from work. Take care and drop me a line if you want that info on the support group! Lori
RVisheaven
on 11/2/06 12:58 pm - Bellingham, WA
Hi, Lori! Thanks for the warm welcome and reassuring advice. I would love info on the support group in Bellingham. The clinic I am having my surgery with is just getting our support group up and running. We already had one meeting and I am open to going to as many as I can. I am keeping a journal and have written your name down. You are very supportive and I hope I can be supportive to others also as I go through this.You look wonderful! Thanks! Cori
PinkFlamingoes
on 11/2/06 4:05 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome Cori . Good luck on your surgery next week . This is a great place for support & information . Kathy
RVisheaven
on 11/2/06 1:04 pm - Bellingham, WA
Hi, Kathy! Nice to meet you. Thanks for the welcome and support. I am looking forward to talking with all of you! Cori
Geminidream
on 11/2/06 9:19 am - Spokane, WA
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery Cori! I hope you will have a quick week on your pre-op diet and an uneventful, safe surgery. So many good things are ahead for you! Molly
RVisheaven
on 11/2/06 1:09 pm - Bellingham, WA
Hi, Molly! Thanks for all the encouragement. I am counting down the days and just having this board makes me want to really stick with my diet til Wed....also want to shave the legs, get a pedicure, pluck the brows, get my knitting and reading ready, etc. ;-) Talk to you soon! Cori
Cathy_H
on 11/2/06 11:28 am
Hi, Cori, I, too, have had difficulty sticking to the modified Atkins diet...so, while I'm still modifying my general diet, I went on the South Beach Diet which isn't such a shock to your system. I lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks. An apple a day seems to help if I'm seriously craving sugar. I'm still weaning down on coffee and sugar, but it's working. FYI, it's nice to see Maple Falls/Bellingham people on this site. I went to Mt. Baker High School a hundred years ago and most of my family still lives in Bellingham (I live in Kirkland). Best of luck to you, Cori! Cathy
Most Active