I am home

kimmee2k
on 10/29/06 1:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hello everyone, I am home and doing well. I am just having a time trying to get this gas moving out. No problems handiling my liquids, proteins, etc. Will email as I buid up a little more stamina. Thanks to everyone for all the beautiful prayers, comments and love that was sent my way. It was greatly appreciated. GOD Bless Kim L.
SallyT
on 10/29/06 2:56 pm - Federal Way, WA
Hi, good to see you back home. Walking is the best thing to get that gas moving. Just take it real easy over the next several weeks. Congrats on your successful WLS.
auntlorlee
on 10/30/06 5:21 am - Bellingham, WA
Welcome to the Losers Bench Kim!!! Glad to hear that things went well! Keep us posted! Lori
Geminidream
on 10/30/06 9:01 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Kim, Glad to hear you did so well during surgery and are recuperating fine too. Hope the gas is getting better for you. Looking forward to reading more posts when you feel up to it. Molly
kimmee2k
on 10/30/06 12:57 pm - Phoenix, AZ
i am still doing well. I am walking and the gas is moving. Slowly but none the less its moving. I am very excited how my surgery went so very well. I had no complications and have not had any problems at home so far. I believe in the power of prayer. and with all of you wonderful, beautiful supporters that I have surrounding me, nothing but good things would happen. I did not take any pain meds today but did take some tonight to get a good nights rest. Have had to change the dressing on the JP quite a few times but i figure thats from the increased walking, but not much drainage in the JP. Still a little sore but all in all feeling good. will keep you all posted. Kim L.
LaDena
on 10/30/06 1:57 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Kim...Wow...I did not expect you to be posting quite so soon. But, that makes ME feel good. Especially since I'm headed down the road you just traveled. Can you drink warm liquids? That sometimes will help the gas to break up and move out. You take care, and rest. Dena
kimmee2k
on 10/30/06 11:48 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Dena, Yeah the pain it is not bad at all. I do have a high tolerance to pain though. Not that I am trying to be superwoman or something like that. The right side does not hurt at all. Feels kind of numb. But the left side the most soreness is where the drain is at. But I do have a little pain in my pelvis area I had a car accident and broke my pelvis so my intestines moving around in that area is uncomfortable. but more nagging than pain. I can tolerate all my liquids and am getting my meds down as we type now. I do take them really slow. As far as the nsaids. The dr. does have me on anti inflammatorries for a week to calm down the inflammation. I did ? him about this and he said it was ok but not to take motrin, ibuprofen etc without consulting them first. but the one he has me on is ok because they need to reduce the swelling so I can get back to normal. I take a colace and a gerd medication. Never had gerd before and i take actigall. never had a problem with my gallbladder and he does not want me to start so I will be taking that for a year he said. But each day is better. If you want to email me feel free I will answer any ?'s But God is good. Kimmee
Most Active