TX Visitor - Seattle

Jackie P.
on 10/29/06 9:45 am - College Station, TX
Hello WA!! I'm from Austin, TX and attending a conference in Seattle this week. I can't seem to find some of my WLS staple items and I'm hoping you might be able to direct me as to where I can find them in Seattle??? 1. Power Crunch protein bars --- please, please tell me these exist here 2. Crushed ice (any specific restaraunt chains/gas stations, etc. that use this kind of ice). 3. Kashi protein cereal Any help/suggestions is much appreciated! Thanks, Jackie 396/150
Patricia F.
on 10/29/06 10:57 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Jackie, You can find them on the web @ vitalady.com, as well as enjoyhealth.com. Both of these are near the Seattle area. Vitalady is in Puyallup about 40 minutes away from Seattle, and Enjoy Health is in Auburn about 20 minutes away from Seattle. Good luck, and yep, the power crunch bars rock!!!
Jackie P.
on 10/29/06 11:38 am - College Station, TX
Thanks a bunch. I'll check it out! Jackie
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/29/06 2:06 pm - Buckley, WA
Both of them would be difficult for an out of towner to find . When you get to Seattle check for a Vitamin Shoppe or Super Supplements , nearby . I know Super Supplements carries the Power crunch bars , because I had one last week . Most QFC grocery stores & Fred Meyer stores in the Seattle area carry Kashi products in their Health food section . Kathy
Jackie P.
on 10/31/06 3:18 am - College Station, TX
Thanks Kathy! I did find a Fred Meyers store last night and am now still looking for a Vitamin Shoppe or Super Supplements somewhere in my travels. No problem if I don't find one as I go home tomorrow... it's cold up here Jackie
corinnaq
on 10/30/06 4:27 am - Woodinville, WA
Hi Jackie! You can get Kashi products at pretty much any grocery store in Seattle so that shouldn't be a problem. Don't know about the power bars but for crushed ice one of the few places I know is Taco Time which is a fast food mexican (you can actually get healthy food there too) uses crushed ice. Have a great time in our beautiful city! Corinna Q
Jackie P.
on 10/31/06 3:24 am - College Station, TX
Corinna, Thanks so much. I have at least laid eyes on many Taco Times and I'll surely give them a try!! Jackie
clegate
on 10/30/06 5:55 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Jackie, I don't have any other advice than you've already gotten but wanted to say Hi from a transplanted Texan. I lived at Canyon Lake just south of Austin and San Antonio. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest. Hope you have a great time while you're here. Carol
Jackie P.
on 10/31/06 3:27 am - College Station, TX
Howdy to you!!! This is a beautiful place but my TX blood is too cold to let me enjoy it. We are going to go out and do some driving today to see the scenery Jackie
clegate
on 10/31/06 5:37 am - Shelton, WA
Take a ferry ride. You can sit inside so it's nice and warm. Good way to see the sound and we have actually seen orca whales while riding. Go to Pike Place Market. Eat seafood and clam chowder. It's not usually this cold here. This is unusual. Hope you have a great time. How long will you be here? Carol
Most Active