This is embarrassing....

Deana P.
on 10/21/06 6:06 am - Sultan, WA
Hi All, I'm 6 days post-op from becoming a bandster. I've felt pretty good with some aching on my left side but otherwise fine. My question is.....has anyone else had any issues with gas and hiccups? If it's not coming out of one end it's the other and all I've had is liquids so far! Advice?? Dee
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/21/06 7:47 am - Buckley, WA
Yep , pretty common . I started hiccupping in the hospital . And the day I came home I had terrible gas . It wasn't from surgery , either because I was open . I've heard people say they used hot pads & that walking helped . I still get hiccups some & gas , but not as bad as at first . I'm a little over 3 weeks post-op . Kathy
KuuipoCloud
on 10/23/06 3:00 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
Welcome to the world of post-op! I'm almost 18 months out and I feel like I should buy stock in Gas-X! It's completely normal and won't go away. Sorry! Michelle
rayehawk
on 10/25/06 1:55 pm - Eastside Seattle 'burb, WA
OK, since you're a bandster, you have normal digestion. That means that you won't have the *music and flowers* that RnYers have. The hiccups and burps are likely from swallowing air. Many of us have to learn not to swallow so much air when we eat/drink. There's just not room for it with a tiny pouch. You'll learn, and the burping (and prolly hiccuping) will lessen. As to your *music and flowers* (intestinal gas), I'd guess it's because your guts were put to sleep (anesthesia), then kept asleep (pain meds), and are just now waking up. Had a bowel movement (pooped yet? Might try a few stool softeners and a shot of Milk of Mag, if not. Gas will let up once you get more regular, and back to healthy. Also, be sure you're drinking water. Good luck, and happy tooting!
Most Active