Emotional highs and lows to where the future is taking me

duanero
on 10/18/06 5:52 am - Black Diamond, WA
Hi, I needed a place to put down how I have been feeling. I have decided to get WLS and Now have The money in place to pay for it. Still in the process of making the decision of what type to have. But I find myself thinking about it alot. Sometimes I feel happy and excited at what the future will hold. Then I find myself thinking of the surgery and felling either scared or worried. I have never really been much on emotions and usually hold them in check. I guess it is because of how big a decision this is. I have allways tried to convince myself I am happy with the person I am but now Admitting I need surgery Brings the truth that I really am not that happy with my physical self. I am happy with the women in my life and hope to marry her and spend the rest of my life with her. I hope that WLS wont change that or us. Sorry but just have a billion things running thru my head at what the future holds. Duane
Barrycards
on 10/18/06 8:57 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Duane, I am right there with you my friend. It wasn't an easy decision ... but one that left me feeling excited at the prospect of a new life, yet scared for the actual procedure. I just wanted you to know that you weren't alone in your thinking and if you need a "local guy" to talk to, you can drop me a line here and we'll chat. Hang in there! Michael C.
Dan E.
on 10/18/06 11:34 pm - Bothell, WA
Duane, Truthfully, for me, the surgery itself was the easy part. It's continuing with life post-op that has its challenges. Our Washington board can be a bit slow, and while I'm glad to see other men posting here I would encourage both you and Michael to check out the Men's Board. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/ You can get a questions answered from men from the whole range of pre-op to long term post op issues. Wizard Dan
duanero
on 10/20/06 6:33 am - Black Diamond, WA
Hi, Thanks for the reply's guys. I will check out the men forum. Try to get back ahold of both of you next week. My uncle passed away and I am headed to Oregon for the funeral this weekend. Should be back in town middle of next week. Duane
Most Active