what should I expect next!!

Cynthia_G.
on 10/15/06 7:36 am - moses lake, WA
I got my approval form the Insurance Gods the appeals unit this weekend and now I have to wait until Monday to talk to the Dr.'s office to schedule the surgery what come next Cynthia
BethinSeattle
on 10/15/06 8:02 am - Federal Way, WA
Congrats on your insurance approval! Good news does sometimes come on the weekends. I guess next is scheduling a surgery date, perhaps some pre-op testing depending on what your surgeon requires, then some education and possibily a pre-op liver-shrinking diet. What an exciting time for you! Beth
Cynthia_G.
on 10/16/06 11:17 am - moses lake, WA
Thanks!! I just got the date and have already scheduled the EKG and Chst X Rays the pre op is the 25 th of oct and the surgert is on the 7th of Nov. cynthia
Geminidream
on 10/16/06 7:39 am - Spokane, WA
Cynthia, congratulations on your approval!!!! That is wonderful news! How long did you have to wait? I have been waiting nearly 4 weeks and as of last week, my insurance company is still claiming it hasn't received anything from Dr. Rawlins. Hope it isn't that end-of-year paper-losing that insurance companies supposedly do. Dr. Rawlins told me that if I got my approval then I was supposed to call his office to set up pre-op tests...treadmill, blood, etc. And then he'd schedule. Hope things move quickly for you. Keep us posted! Hope to see you at this month's support group meeting or are you going to one closer to home? Molly
Cynthia_G.
on 10/16/06 11:12 am - moses lake, WA
Hi Molly! yes it is very exiting for me since I've been turned down twice (2) !! the thing with insurance is the have you by the !!! you know what i mean I started to write to the appeals Unit the "Insurance Gods" i sent them registered letters you know the kind that they have to sign for so I knew they got it then I got the fax number to them also and faxed them my SOB story I told them about every embarrassing thing !! and how I wanted to live long enough to see Grandchildren and so on!! don't give up HOPE!! carol from DR. Rawlins office called me today and i have a date set for the pre Op and the surgery it the 25th of Oct. for Pre Opp and the 7thof November WOW the is Quick!! isn't it !! Cynthia
Geminidream
on 10/22/06 5:55 am - Spokane, WA
Cynthia, sorry I didn't see your reply till today. Carol called me at work Friday (a huge bit of luck there...she initially had the wrong number) and gave me my dates, too. You are a month ahead of me. My pre-op is Nov. 16th and my surgery is Dec. 4th. But I'll be starting my tests this month so they'll be finished by pre-op day. The treadmill will be interesting...it will be 1/2 hr. after I finish an 8 hr. day on my feet and my job is very physical. Hope I won't fall asleep on the treadmill. haha Let me know if you'd like a visitor when you are in the hospital. You'll be at Sacred Heart? It would be fun to meet you but completely understandable if you'd rather not have visitors. I'm not much for having visitors in the hospital, myself. In fact, if I can get away with it I'll just have my husband drop me off the day of surgery and then get him to come see me later in the evening. But knowing him, he'll probably want to wait, poor thing. Anyway, happy dancing for both of us! Molly
Most Active