Need new post op food ideas- bored

breno
on 10/10/06 12:00 pm
Well can ya'll help me just a little with some new food ideas? I finally graduated to small salads and love soups, small amounts of certain items but have not really experienced too many things- what tastes good? When I am in a hurry I can now drink 1 cup of Chocolate Slimfast for the quickie - but Dr Bock really wants us to use foods to gain our nutritional value- what about fruits? Other than applesauce i am dreadful to try anything else for fear of dumping. Surgery was Aug 24th 2006 - RNY , and I am doing ok so far I think- not getting fluids in reguraly ( working on this ) and walking is picking up so is energy! GLORY I MOWED my back yard yesterday and that is truly a sweet BLESSING. Have not dumped, have not thrown up- twice I ate too fast O-U-C-H and had some sort of plegm attack going on- Appreciate any feedback I weighted in at 334 and am 289 and wore a 26-28 and now in 22. Am I going about the right speed here? BrenO
Sarita625
on 10/10/06 2:25 pm - Port Townsend, WA
We had different surgeries--I had LAP Band in Feb of this year....but food's food, right? I have found that my tastes have changed so much since surgery. I've been trying so many new things and if it doesn't taste great then I just don't eat it at all....why waste space on icky stuff? I never ate anything spicy before, now I love buffalo wings! Of course I can only eat one...but it's sure tasty! I also have found that I just love veggies...roasted, sauteed and steamed---tasty stuff.
SallyT
on 10/17/06 7:12 pm - Federal Way, WA
My goodness. You are in the same town as me. Nice to meet you, neighbor.
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/10/06 4:27 pm - Buckley, WA
I think you're doing great . The mucous thing you referred to is called the foamies . You had surgery on my birthday . As far as food , I am not there , yet . Have you tried www.bariatricbytes.com ? That is Dame Tooters site & she has tons of recipes . Take care . Kathy
clegate
on 10/11/06 7:00 am - Shelton, WA
Hi Brenda, Sounds like you're doing great! I had surgery on 8/8 and I eat pretty much whatever I want. I still can't eat chicken unless I dice it really small and simmer it in spaghetti sauce. That's what I have my family eating on pasta now. I don't eat the pasta myself, just the sauce and it's yummy. I also love beans!! I will cook a big pot and eat tiny amounts. I usually put picante sauce in with them. I also like Atkins Buleberry muffins - lots of protien and no sugar. It's good for a grab and go breakfast. Roast beef cooked until it's really tender. I also have a wonderful sugar free pumpkin pie recipe for the coming holidays if you're interested. Hope this helps. Carol
Most Active