Seattle area plastic surgery?

Laura H.
on 10/8/06 2:23 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi, I am starting to look into getting rid of this excess skin. So far I have met with Dr. Gavin Dry and Dr. Kylo locally. I have an appointment for a consult with Dr. Egrari in Dec. Does anyone have experience with any of these surgeons? Is there someone else I should be talking to? I am still losing and my DS surgeon says I can expect to lose about 20 more pounds in the next few months so I hope to do plastics in the spring, once my weight is stable. This gives me some time to shop around for the best surgeon. So far both surgeons I met with have said they will not bill insurance even though I have a large hernia. They both offered to fix the hernia while doing the other procedures without extra cost but I was hoping the hernia would help defray some of the costs. So if you know a good plastic surgeon who will bill for the hernia I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance for your advice and experience! Laura
morgansmom
on 10/9/06 3:57 am
I was going to see Dr.Downey( 206-223-6831) at Virginia Mason, I had to reschedule unfortunately. I plan on Dr.Thirlby doing my hernia repair at the same time. I also want to defray some of the costs. I did not get so far as to talk billing, but they do surgery together so some one in one of their offices should be able to answer that question.You could give his office a call, appointments were several months out. Good Luck!
Laura H.
on 10/11/06 2:41 pm - Seattle, WA
Thanks Mary! I haven't heard of Dr. Downey. It sounds like I need to learn more about him. I have heard of Dr. Thirlby. He was one of the WLS doctors my PCP told me about when I first started looking into WLS. Ultimately I ended up going to San Francisco because I wanted the DS but I heard good things about Dr. Thirlby. I hope you are able to get another appointment soon! Laura
Most Active