Seattle Area Duodenal Switch Meeting

Laura H.
on 10/8/06 1:51 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Everyone, It's time for the Seattle DS meeting again! This month we will not have a speaker. We will focus on group support and sharing our DS experiences with eachother. This is a great chance for pre-ops to ask questions of the post-ops and for post-ops to share their knowledge and experience. As usual we will be meeting on the 2nd Saturday of the month, Oct 14, at 4pm. We are meeting at the Sizzler in Tukwila, 16615 Southcenter Pkwy Tukwila, WA 98188 (206) 575-0427 Please feel free to contact me if you have questions. I hope to see you there!
Lori V.
on 10/16/06 5:25 pm - Spokane, WA
...This has nothing to do with your meeting , I hope you don't mind. I am looking for a surgeon. I live in Spokane, WA. There are no surgeons here who do the DS surgery. Could you please tell me the name of surgeons in the Seattle are that do. I have Aetna select insurance (which covers it now) . I want a DS revision done with the scope. I hope that sending this was okay. thank you, Lori
Laura H.
on 10/17/06 2:30 am - Seattle, WA
Hi Lori, There are no DS surgeons in WA. So we DSers have to travel. I went to Pacific Laparoscopy in San Francisco, www.paclap.com. Paclap has three of the best DS surgeons in the world, Dr. Robert Rabkin, Dr. John Rabkin and Dr. John Husted. They are also the place to go for a revision, which is more complex than doing the DS from scratch. If you are up for even more travel, you might consider Dr. Baltasar in Spain. He is also someone I would recommend for a revision. Dr. John Rabkin will be attending our November 11 meeting so if you can make it over to this side of the state for that one you would have a chance to meet him and get any questions you might have answered. He will also be at meetings in Portland and Bellingham in Nov. if those are easier for you to attend. What surgery did you have originally? Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Laura
Most Active