one week post-op appt & booted off of L&I .

PinkFlamingoes
on 10/6/06 12:47 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi all . The good news : I had my week post-op visit . Dr. Oh was very pleased . I lost 3 pounds since surgery , even though I am still very swollen & probably some IV weight . 33 so far . He took out my staples . What a relief . Everyday I feel a little better . The bad news : I hurt my left knee on Aug 11 , torn meniscus . I saw the Ortho. Dr. & told him I was scheduled for WLS , etc...No problem , he says . When you go to your Dr. Post-op find out how long until we can fix it . Dr. Oh said 3 months . I get home & there's a letter from L&I saying that they can't pay for me being off work for WLS . I call them & told him I was scheduled for WLS before I got hurt . Final word is that I will have to stay home on my own dime , until I am cleared for my knee surgery . Then L&I will start paying me again . That sucks because If I hadn't have gotten hurt at work I would have been off of work 6-8 weeks total . I knew I would have to go leave without pay for that period , initially . I didn't think i'd have to wait 3 months for my knee surgery , which is minor . Oh yeah , while i'm whining : I just sorted all of my vitamins in a handy 4x a day pill sorter . now I have pill anxiety , One thing , by the time I get all my vitamins in for the day , I'll have my water in . Kathy , whining from Buckley
LaDena
on 10/6/06 2:53 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Kathy!!!! Hi Lady!!! I'm glad to see you posting. Sounds like all went well. How's your new pouch feeling? Sorry about the knee and the L&I. Just think though....when you finally have your knee surgery, you'll have even more weight off and your knee will heal faster! Good to see you back! Dena
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/6/06 11:27 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Dena , Yeah , i'm not up to 100 % posting power , yet , but getting there . By the time I go back to work I will have lost buckets of weight & they won't recognize me . The funny thing is , I don't have a mirror in my house because my bathroom is still getting rmodeled . I went to the rest room at the doctors office & couldn't believe how small my face has gotten . As for the other stuff . I don't freak too easily . Things happen for a reason . i knew the 90 days would be a major problem with L&I . I was just hoping to see my knee doctor before I figured out what to do about L&I . I wasn't planning on pulling a fast one . Now i'm not allowed to see the doctor until I am released by Dr. Oh . Take care Kathy
Most Active