Confusion

Billie Jo C.
on 10/5/06 1:40 pm - Spokane, WA
Is it suppose to take 4+months before you actually have a consultation with a Bariatric Surgeon? I talked to my Dr about this like 2 months ago. I went and seen her today under the impression that we were going to get the first stage started. She informed me that my medical conditions did not meet the standers of being a candidate for the surgery. However she does recognize that my IBM is over the limit. I don't have Diabetes and a few other things she mentioned but, I do suffer from chronic back pain (joins), Sleep disorder, GERD, blood in my urine, depression, shortness of breath and, Diverticulitis. She has set me up to see a nutritionist and also do a sleep study test. She wants to see me back in 2 months. I'm just kind of confused if this is the process one needs to go through in order to be seen by a WLS surgeon? I can see she is trying to help me but I feel like she might not be to sure how to get this going for me. I could be wrong but I feel very confused about how to get the ball rolling. The more I think about it the more I become confused. Just when I thought I had it
PinkFlamingoes
on 10/6/06 4:11 am - Buckley, WA
That's not the process I went through, but all doctors are different . Kathy
findinglisa
on 10/6/06 4:41 am - Bothell, WA
It might be because of your insurance. My understanding is that Medicaid has a three stage approval process that takes awhile. I think (I'm not an expert by any means) that the first two stages are before you ever see the surgeon. L.
Billie Jo C.
on 10/7/06 3:25 am - Spokane, WA
Yeah your probably right ...I think I just got my hopes up. I'm just being to anise (An-See *spelling*?). Thanks for the response You all. I'm going to continue my appointments and hang in there. -Billie Jo
Most Active