anyone post op and now under weight?? HELP CAN'T GAIN

thenewmeforme
on 10/5/06 5:50 am - everett, WA
I had open rny on Feb 15 2005 at 5'2 and 278. Now I am 103 and have had tummy tuck and three weeks ago surgery for partial bowl obstruct from scaring. I'm nausous a lot but dr's can't agree on if my low weight is concern or not. My md is very concerned and thinks a revision may be in order which terrify's me but the surgeon dr. lauter who did the blockge wasn't very concerned at all. Any idea's or similar situations for anyone?? Trust me I never thought this would be my problem. I'm glad I did the surgery though and it has made a huge difference just nervous about the drastic loss. Thanks again guys
Geminidream
on 10/6/06 8:47 am - Spokane, WA
Brandi it sounds like you have been through a lot recently. Did your doctor or dietician give you a copy of 'Pouch Rules For Dummies'? If not, it can be found through any search engine all over the internet. Very useful things in it and it does have a passage about how to help patients who are underweight. If you aren't already working with a dietician maybe your rny surgeon can recommend one to try to work your diet so that you try to gain a little weight before talking about revision. Do you think your md is very well schooled in dealing with post-wls patients? I sure hope you can get some better answers, thinking of a revision must be very troubling after all you've done to lose weight and improve your health. Molly
thenewmeforme
on 10/8/06 6:50 am - everett, WA
I have been following a gastric bypass diet and actually am now on a high calorie diet to try and gain. Who would have thought a year and a hal*****hat gaining would be my next hurdle. I am not giving up and am still glad I had the surgery. Just terrified of a revision.
Most Active