Need Dr. Chebli Info...

Kaylynne
on 10/4/06 1:00 am - ~, WA
I'm a WISH patient in need of a fill! I think I'm going with Dr. Chebli. Does anybody have any information about him? Can you give me your experiences with fills? Does he use fluoro, etc.? Thanks for any info.! Just feeling nervous in general about having to switch. K
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/06 4:16 am - Bothell, WA
K-Lynne, I am pre-op, but after meeting Dr. Chebli I feel very confident about choosing him to do my surgery. I'm sorry I can't help you with your questions about fills.
Kaylynne
on 10/6/06 4:21 am - ~, WA
Thanks for your response! I ended up having my fill with him yesterday and I really liked him! If you have any lap band questions, email me, I'd be happy to share. K
Snipes5
on 10/6/06 7:47 am - Ferndale, WA
Dr Chebli totally rocks. He did my LAP RNY in July. I don't know how he does fills but I know he takes patients that had their bands placed by other surgeons. Susan
Mary G.
on 10/7/06 8:04 am - Deming, WA
Dr. Chebli is wonderful and so is his staff...nothing but great reviews from all I have heard from so far I am so glad you have him for your followup. Best wishesMaryG
Cathy_H
on 10/6/06 7:59 am
I was a WISH patient as well waiting for insurance approval for lap band surgery. Thank God the WISH Center closed!!! I was referred to Dr. Chebli by someone outside the WISH Center (obviously) and at my first appointment a little over 2 weeks ago, he questioned me thoroughly as to whether or not I was a sweet eater. When I told him I could live on suger, he informed me that lap band surgery more than likely won't work for me as sugar just goes through the band and converts to fat as usual in the small intestine. MY SO and I were shocked!!! He even did a demonstration with a lap band which he placed under the faucet, then turned on the water (how sugar shoots through the band). I dread to think that I would have had a surgery that in the long term may not have worked for me. I'm now pursuing lap RNY with him. I can't tell you about the lap band fills, but one of my best friends of 17 yrs has a relative working for Dr. Chebli and she gave him an outstanding recommendation. I so appreciated his down to basics, no punches pulled approach.
Kaylynne
on 10/7/06 3:25 pm - ~, WA
Thanks all! Cathy, that really surprises me that the WISH didn't try to direct you rny direction as well. I had to really force the issue to be banded. It's been my experience in talking with a LOT of bansters, that most places that do both surgeries, prefer doing the rny for some reason. Just make sure you do your research no matter what you choose of course. I was a sweets eater too, but I was about brownies, cakes, pastries and such. I can NOT eat them anymore, nor do I even crave them. It's pretty bizarre. I'm SO excited that you're beginning your journey. It really is fantastic! I love how Dr. Chebli and Lisa work together at their office. It's different only seeing two people in a clinic, but I like them a lot! Thanks again everybody!! K
Most Active