Online Journaling Resources?

Geminidream
on 10/1/06 3:53 am - Spokane, WA
Hi! Can any of you suggest online sites for diet and exercise journaling that give you the calorie and nutrients. Even better would be if they are designed for wls patients. A friend suggested fitday.com but from a sampling I did with them they didn't have any of the foods or beverages I entered in their database...not helpful. I'd like to get in the habit of journaling now while I wait for approval. Thank you! Molly
Sun Smith
on 10/1/06 11:49 am - Seattle, WA
Fitday is the one I use (when I use one). I'm not aware of others.
findinglisa
on 10/2/06 9:44 am - Bothell, WA
I like www.myfooddiary.com. There is a small fee, though. L.
Geminidream
on 10/2/06 1:11 pm - Spokane, WA
Thank you Pam and Lisa. I'll look into myfooddiary.com and compare it. One really nice thing about fitday.com was the exercise log plus being free wasn't bad. I am just concerned about being able to stay within the 500 calories once the liquid phase is completed. The RNY diet is so different from the VBG diet and if I get approved I am going to make this work and do it right. Thanks for the help! Molly
clegate
on 10/3/06 2:05 am - Shelton, WA
I have to endorse fitday.com myself. I use it daily and have gotten several friends and family members to start using it who are not WLS folks. It's really excellent. Carol
Geminidream
on 10/3/06 6:32 am - Spokane, WA
Carol, did you have to customize their food database a lot? I tried to do that and couldn't get it to recognize what I'd put in. It looked like all the percentages matched in the nutritional content area but it kept telling me it was wrong so I gave up. What do you do when your foods aren't listed? Molly
clegate
on 10/3/06 7:10 am - Shelton, WA
I do sometimes but what I put in always stays so when I eat it again, it's there. There are some tricks to finding things in their data base. For example, I usually put things in like tomatoes, raw and will usually get hits. The more I used it, the easier it gets. Now I love it. I'd be happy to help you out if you want. Let me know. Carol
Most Active