Dr. Lauter?

notgoingdownwithouta
fight

on 9/27/06 11:14 am - Seattle, WA
Hey, there. I'm the new guy. After 35 years of struggling with weight and now starting to develop health problems, I'm going to take action. My insurance is excellent, but it still considers duodenal switch surgery to be "experimental." They will, however, fully cover Roux-en-Y. Does anyone have any personal experiences they can share about Dr. David Lauter? I found these patient reviews: http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+reviews+David+Lauter+kft.html. I'd love to hear more, if you have more to share. Thanks! Craig
kira22
on 9/27/06 12:50 pm - aberdeen, WA
hey craig I have my consultation appt with him tommorow. Im looking forward to going to it. I was previously going through the wish center but they had a few issues. I have heard many great things about Dr. Lauter. I will you share with you tommorow my experiences with him. kira
notgoingdownwithouta
fight

on 9/27/06 1:04 pm - Seattle, WA
Thanks, Kira!
Dan E.
on 9/27/06 2:28 pm - Bothell, WA
I did one of the reviews on that page you linked. It's been 3 months since my surgery and my positive opinion of Dr. Lauter is still high. I would encourage you to see him if you are considering weight loss surgery. And if you're new to the Obseity Help website, I'd also recommend visiting the Men's forum - especially if you want a slightly different perspective on any questions you might have. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/ Good luck with your journey, Wizard Dan
Aunt Pam
on 9/27/06 3:57 pm - Arlington, WA
Craig, you are wise to do research into the surgeries. My doctor is Dr. Lauter. I had my surgery August 2, 2006... just about two months ago. He only performs the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and normally does it (even on my huge tummy) Laparoscopicly. He did an excellent job with me. I was impressed with him. I read alot about him before I had my surgery and found some most impressive information about his surguries - not jut wls. I also attend a support group in Marysville that had two of it's members who highly recomended him. I had a complication and he was sooooooooo wonderful and caring. My family also found him wonderful to get information and keep them informed. So.... since you asked..... here is my opinion, he is a wonderful, talented doctor and I am lucky enough to call him... my doctor. Hugs, Aunt Pam
auntlorlee
on 9/28/06 2:48 am - Bellingham, WA
Hiya Craig! Just wanted to give you a warm welcome to the WA board! I don't have any words of wisdom on Dr. Lauter but I have heard great things! Congrats on making the decision to take control of your life! I am so glad I did! Lori
findinglisa
on 9/28/06 6:01 am - Bothell, WA
Honestly? I count Dr. Lauter among my heroes. I started out as a heavyweight, and I had a very hard time finding a dr. willing to operate on me laproscopically in our area. At the time he was the only one who was willing to do it, and he didn't even hesitate about it. I was then and still am convinced that being able to have this surgery laproscopically played a huge part in my recovery. He cares about his patients. I doubt you'll find anyone to dispute that fact. I've had some opportunites pre-op and post-op to talk to and listen to a several doctors speak about this surgery, and I don't think you'll find one that is more up-to-date on research, current practices, risks, etc. It's obvious that he continues to educate himself to make sure his patients are receiving the best possible, most up-to-date care. Basically, he's a rock-star to his patients. I know there are a lot of good doctors out there to choose from, but Dr. Lauter was definitely the right choice for me and many others. Lisa
dragonjaze
on 9/28/06 11:43 am - Bellingham, WA
I am so glad to find this question! I have researched and I think I have picked Dr. Lauter. I have my first consultation on Oct. 16th. I would love to hear from some more of his patients!
notgoingdownwithouta
fight

on 9/28/06 12:26 pm - Seattle, WA
Thank you all for your generous responses! I really do appreciate it.
kira22
on 9/28/06 4:24 pm - aberdeen, WA
I had my consultation with Dr. Lauter today. It went great. Hes very informative, personable, and open. If your looking for a great suregon. Go to Dr.lauter. Hes simply great!!
Most Active